Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
EJ Money Pit
05 LGT Limited OBP 5 Speed
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after owning three Imprezas over the years, two of which GC's, I decided to change it up a little...

I went ahead and bought myself an 05 LGT Limited today. Does this mean I'm no longer allowed on here because I only drive a Legacy now? Do you guys hate me? Did I turn my back on the Impreza scene? :(

Don't run away, be my friend :p

EDIT: Details on the car:

05 LGT Limited
OBP with Black leather
The rare 5 speed of course. Rare because Black on black with a manual is an unlikely find.
Limited so heated and power everything.
107k on the clock and I am the now the second owner.
Yes that right, I bought it from the original owner who purchased it in 04 with 200 miles on it!
All fully serviced and up to date. Everything is tight as a drum. Quiet, stiff, it honestly feels brand new. I can tell this car was well taken care of which is mainly why I felt comfortable buying it.
Amazingly clean condition for a 7 year old car.
I picked it up for 9k which I feel is well worth it!
Pics coming soon.

I know everyone is different and everyone has their own driving record, policy, what have you but I think it is worth noting that despite the fact that this car is turbo and is valued on the books at three times that of an RS my insurance actually went down a little buying it. So despite popular belief, owning a turbo car does not always have to be expensive. This is because its a much safer and better built car but its still old enough to own without a lot of collision. My driving record is clean and I am highly insured but I really dont pay a lot for my 6 month premium at all.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
So after owning three Imprezas over the years, two of which GC's, I decided to change it up a little...

I went ahead and bought myself an 05 LGT Limited today. Does this mean I'm no longer allowed on here because I only drive a Legacy now? Do you guys hate me? Did I turn my back on the Impreza scene? :(

**Psst!** Look what I drive. ;)

·
Registered
Steel Grey WRX Limited
3,043 Posts
I've never owned a GC and hope I never will. When I came here I drove an GD, then an Rx8, now a WRX. Still my forum of choice. The Forester forums are cool too (we have an 04 XT as well).

People here don't hate me for what I drive. They hate me because I'm a dick.

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts

You're dead to us now...

Well, unless it's a spec B, in which case hurry up and crash it, I need a swap! lol.

But yeah, half the people on here don't even have GC's anymore. Your not special :p

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
That's Tuh-Mayter... wit'aout the Tuh!

Ooooeee!!
I'm happierena Tornado in a Trailer Park!!
:lol:

Great movie. Haven't seen Cars 2, but I heard it was terrible.

You're dead to us now...

Well, unless it's a spec B, in which case hurry up and crash it, I need a swap! lol.

But yeah, half the people on here don't even have GC's anymore. Your not special :p
You got it right.......but then you didn't...............Grammar Nazi is confused!
:lol:

spec.B was a nice proposition, but they didn't do enough to make it really different. 6MT was a nice touch for the later versions in 2008-2009 I think it was, and the Bilstein struts of course were great. But it should've come standard with an SPT catback perhaps, that might've been nice. A shame there hasn't been a spec.B version of the current car...

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
Good choice you'll love it. And I'm still here! :)

Pull the banjo filter out on the back of the motor ASAP!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.