Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
f1kichigai05 said:
how did u bend it?
Well I'm not really proud of it but i spun the car 180 degrees at 80+mph and I ended up going over a curb at 35-45 mph.

I think there are more problems, just this one is noticable.

But no one has used these control arms?

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
I have them on my OBS... installed when I converted to rear disk brakes for various reasons and more.

They are nice, the stiffer bushings alone make it worth it, plus they were the price I was quoted from the salvage yard for low-mileage stock ones off a 2001 RS. Don't even ask about the new cost.

They are nice, work great and are better than stock... how hard of a decision is it? :lol:

If you ever have to replace a stock part on your car, there is no better time to upgrade! :biggest:

Thanks - Jon

·
Registered
Project Frankenstein
479 Posts
omahasubaru said:
They are nice, the stiffer bushings alone make it worth it, plus they were the price I was quoted from the salvage yard for low-mileage stock ones off a 2001 RS. Don't even ask about the new cost.
Thanks - Jon
really, I got some lateral links w/sway bar mounts(the ones on the frame) & endlinks for about $80

Alan
Team ARG!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ampsarus said:
Hey Jon,
what are those tires you are running? A032R?
Can you dial in more castor with the adjustable control/trailing arms?
Thanks, Andy
Unless i'm mistake, thouse tires are falken Azenis in 215/45/16

They look pretty sweet. They were last season's STS tire of choice.

But the other question is a good one. Were you able to dial in alot more toe or rear castor (if there is such a thing)?

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
f1kichigai05 said:
whats heat cycling?
As I understand it, R compound tires are very soft, thus they wear very quickly. They are designed to be used hard and I mean HARD, like would quickly ruin an all weather tire.

Since they are intended to be used just a few times then discarded due to wear, running them everyday so that they never get to optimum temperature over and over and over again can render them hard and useless.

This is probably a bad explanation. Can somebody explain this better? ARNIE!!!!

·
Registered
747 Posts
These aren't R compound tires, so heat cycling issues shouldn't matter. These are just really sticky summer only tires. As far as daily driving issues go, I don't think these tires handle standing water that well. Other than that and the short treadwear rating, these should be fine to use as daily drivers.

I plan on getting a set for this coming auto-x season.

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
Ran on them daily for 2 summers one on a '99 RS and one on the '97 OBS.

They are fine... and great auto-x tires, but mine are 205/55-16

I've won many events with them (on the RS) and have help my own (2nd in SM and 2nd's in STS) with them on the OBS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts