Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2015 wrx, 2013 f150 ecoboost
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea to wide is what i was worried about, so far thats the only thing i can think of that would stop it from working..minus the electronic screen in the dash not being functional

· Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
5,237 Posts
if it was a show car than i saw go for it. like what RS25.COM said anything is possible with time and money. but for a DD car, since its not really a "plug/play" deal. its not worth it. but if you can get everything for really cheap than i say why not.

· Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
3,814 Posts
do it! ....you'll be a hero in my books

but yeah...im guessing it would be A LOT of work...i mean shoot as it sits the dash is probably so high it would hit the roof lol...and then width too of course.....

· Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,509 Posts
People do WRX dash swaps pretty routinely, but that is a much more similar car to the RS/L/OBS than the Tribeca which isn't remotely related to an Impreza. Good luck.

· The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
10,862 Posts
I just got out of my garage and walked between my Impreza and the Tribeca parked in there... What are you smoking???

The thing is bloody huge and what will you do with the missing center section hanging out for all to see? Build a custom center section to cover the giant hole in the center that fits between the Impreza seats?

I say 'no'... don't think so. Better things to spend your money and time on with your Impreza!

· Registered
2015 wrx, 2013 f150 ecoboost
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i guess whatever im smoking, its some good shit because im still seriously considering this. i mean it cant cost that much to maybe find a wrecked one to pull it out of, and if it doesnt work at least i tried?

as for the console part...i dont think it would be the same with out it. im sure that has to be something that can be done. im "optimistic" or just retarded not sure which yet.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.