Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Does your 93-2001 Impreza have rust in this location

• Total voters
161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
2008 fozzy not the xt
113 Posts
I have rust very bad its all over the place I kinda have a small bit of a wide body on the back because of the body filler I used

·
Registered
GF OBS-T, GM RS EJ20, SF EJ20
4,973 Posts
^ Not just NY, many northeastern states will turn cars into dust fairly quickly.

Im pretty lucky to have an Original Paint rust free GF Impreza but I am the 2'nd owner who purchased a '99 OBS in '04...

·
Registered
2001 Impreza L
92 Posts
^

That's what happens when people don't maintain their cars properly.

A little used oil, ATF, or cavity wax can go a longggg way.

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,242 Posts
Nope, still as it came from the factory...no rust. :D
Without ripping out the seam sealer in the trunk, it's hard to tell if it is rusting or not. The rust starts inside the car, under the seam sealer. You won't see it until it is too late.

I'd have the seam sealer in the trouble spot removed and re-done to be sure.

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,195 Posts
Just a few of the panels I offer. I have them for 2002-2007 and second gen legacy too. Can always hit me up at [email protected]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
What would I be looking at for the quarter and rocker panels for a 93-01 sedan?

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
i got a GM6(coupe) and im planing to restore it and got a few questions. I have no body work experience and welding experience and want to do everything on my own

1.) what tool do you use to remove undercoating?

2.) what gauge should i use for wheel well and fenders or is it better to use a thicker sheet overall?

i just want to get rid of all the rust because both rears are rusting and the wheel well and underneath too but its not too bad

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 01 coupe, what my option(s) today beside full Subaru quarter at 500$ each?
I can make patch, but would rather put new steel with the good body contours and not finish with too much bondo.
I know the fender trick, did it fews years ago on a 88 Mazda 323 GT, but what about subys?

161 - 180 of 187 Posts