Does your 93-2001 Impreza have rust in this location

• Total voters
141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
02 WRX
6 Posts
I'm about to hammer all mine out and just leave big hols lol
you would be better off doing that then leaving the rust there, I just did both my rear quarters before winter and was seriously impressed with my own self, did a good job!
Cut out all rust, grinded everything smooth, welded in new metal, grinded everything smooth again, applied tigerhair body filler/sealer, sanded smooth, applied bondo, sanded smooth, applied bondo again, then sand sand and more sanding. Applied Filler Primer then applied sealer primer. still haven't painted it yet though as I am planning on painting the entire car this year... but before that my next project for the ol gal is doing the underbody with POR-15

·
Registered
1997 Wagon Red/Black 2.2L
58 Posts
Hello... and to answer the question yes i had rust on my qp......
Before

Also i had it on the Roof of my car from where the 3 black strips
are screwed down..... With time the rust went wild.....

And

I ground the rust down .... to bare clean metal ...acid washed... Primed it ... Fiber glass... more primmer then Truck bed linner

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
You call that rust? :cool:

And currently...

My Ghetto bodywork prevailed for quite a while, but I never really went in that deep. Actually the passenger side I opened up and saw that it was very badly bondoed up by someone else already and I a borted mission there, just patched it back up and painted it. Held up for quite a while.
\
We then procedded to have the most salt used on the roads in the past 20 years last winter, we actually ran out of salt....TWICE and had to buy out of state supply to salt the roads and the rust is back with a vengence. I can now see daylight through my floorboards. It rotted the trunk release cable so I just Fonzie my gas door open...it's actually kind of badass haha.

I am going to go in and perform some deep surgery next time. Cut out entire panels and weld to good metal, build some fender flares and do it right. POR15 the grab out of it on one of those frame rotisseries and paint and reasemble. All this because of damn road salt

·
Registered
2000, OBS, RustRed
206 Posts
My solution is just going to be cut and add fender flares... then get 9' wheels to fill the gap. Then roll around with 135 HP and more rubber than a hooker could shake a titty at.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS/C BRP
2,321 Posts
You call that rust? :cool:
Nah, I call this rust: :eek:rly:

That was my rocker on the driver's side under the side-skirts on the RS. Not like it's a structural element or anything...

I formed new fenders out of sheet, as well as fixing the entire roof. The car rattled a lot less and had less popping and flexing after all was said and done.

Before:

After:

It was a pain, but it's much nicer now. Now I just need to fix the head gaskets....

And yes, the fuel filler door is gone (almost nobody notices that...). The tank rusted out on me, so since I was doing the fenders anyway and I had already put a fuel cell in the trunk, I decided to just get rid of it.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS
553 Posts
No rust anywhere. I guess hiding it in my garage in AZ for the last several years doesn't hurt.

141 - 160 of 187 Posts