Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Does your 93-2001 Impreza have rust in this location

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 187 Posts

·
Premium Baller
05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
5,731 Posts
can you say BOTH SIDES FTMFW!! NJ cars ftl, salt sucks. no rust anywhere else though luckily
as soon as i get enough money, I'm just going to cut it out, protect it, and Bmagic over the top :D

it sucks too because the tabs that hold up the rear bumper are gone so it looks like its falling off :/

I just decided to fuck it, i just cut/grinded the crap right out. someone told me it was surface rust but it went all the way through. Part of the reason is because there is this weird foam type filler crap in between the panel in the QP that soaks up water and it sits like that, for a long time, eventually causes that rear qp to rust. that and the combo of salt and all that make a terrible combo

notice in every picture of my car, the blue painter tape? current rust fix

·
Registered
01 Legacy GTL
729 Posts
My coupe has a spot on the C pillar, on the backside, and i have rockchips all over the place, each with its own rust spot forming, whoop-dee-f'n-doo!

i hear you. tiny chips everywhere that are starting to rust. all over the hood, a, b, c pillars, quarters, bottom... even the sunroof has a small rust part startin on it.

Effin canadian snow and ice and road salt. Fack.

/rant
lol

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
i have a 95, and no rust on the passenger side. the drivers side has about a dime size of rust bubbles.

i should take a wire brush wheel to it, get the paint off and remove as much rust as possible. do they have dark green painters tape? :lol:

·
Registered
Subarus
342 Posts
That area and the area next to the rear skirt just collects dirt, sand, salt, and water. It's hard to clean unless you have some type of flexible nozzle.

·
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
Check out POR-15, they make it in different colors. We put the silver on Jurzeyfresh's car, it wasnt a perfect match but at least it was silver..

I have it too, just got my can, am going to sand it and then just use some touch up paint over it this weekend. Hopefully I can slow it down :(

·
wood grain grippin'
v2 STi wagon
3,399 Posts
The ONLY place my car ever had rust on was a spot under the hatch (easy fix) and a bit above the sideskirt behind the left rear door. None on the QP though.

·
Premium Baller
05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
5,731 Posts
yea a body shop would do that. I hear its an expensive procedure, but i never went for an estimate.

If you have them paint it too, they would have to repaint the whole qp, which is mega expensive. thats the lame part

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,997 Posts
some asshole lady backed into my car and took off like an hour ago... Knocked more rust holes in the quarter, among hitting my bumper, lights and spoiler/trunk... Not a good day

41 - 60 of 187 Posts