Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best part about that video... guess when every user sees it....
At registration time. :lol:
Yep, that video is on the first page of the "Register" page.
They even make you click a "check box" confirming you've watched the video!!
Total WIN!! Gotta love Computer Geeks!!

·
Registered
2007 WRX Wagon UGM
2,391 Posts
Make it happen! I'm pretty sure this would be a make or break for many trying to join our forum. I know the nasioc'ers are too damn lazy to be burdened by such a thing!

A suggestion though..it should automatically play before said noob even bothers putting in personal info and find a way for once the video is finished, it will automatically switch to the next page. So they REALLY have no choice to watch the video!

·
Registered
2002, Impreza 2.5RS, PSM
422 Posts
I gotta just chime in and say that I <3 XDA devs, Best phone forum since the beginnings of time! Been a member since the good 'ol WM5 days, also learned many very useful things about rooting my droid there too! awesome site!

P.S. Mods can we get a video like that here? PLEASE!!!!!!!!! I dont wanna see another "is this EGAY exhaust gonna fit my RS?" thread.

kthanxbyenow

·
Registered
2002, Impreza 2.5RS, PSM
422 Posts
^ Jwalker ^ you wouldnt be out of business, as the saying goes in tech land "We make it better so its idiot proof, then someone goes out and builds a better idiot" meaning that although this would cut back and the number of dum-dum threads I get a feeling the those extra special members will still find a way to continue business as usual.

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
I think this is a great idea, make it happen.

Then, if someone posts a stupid thread, we mods have a clicky that makes them watch it again immediately after logging in and they can't post until it has been watched.

Yes, we need this.

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
I think this is a great idea, make it happen.

Then, if someone posts a stupid thread, we mods have a clicky that makes them watch it again immediately after logging in and they can't post until it has been watched.

Yes, we need this.
Please please please!!! :)

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS, Brilliant Red
1,357 Posts
Funny video... but...
As someone who teaches part-time, I have come to realize that some people are looking for social interaction as well as answers to a question.
I certainly come to this forum in the hope of finding like-minded enthusiasts who are willing to discuss the intricacies of a vehicle which is dear to our hearts.
The search button is not always your friend; it can call up old threads (and then you might be ridiculed for answering or asking a question there),
or similar threads which only serve to confuse you further (as has happened to me in my quest to install 4/2 pot brakes on my RS),
at which point one looks to those with more experience for help.
I understand the old-timer's frustration & "Here we go again" reaction...
however, is there perhaps a middle ground between spoon-feeding information & deriding newcomers for asking seemingly obviously easily answered questions ?
Just wondering ...
P.S. I do read the stickies & search before asking questions, and would like to thank everyone here who has replied to my queries &/or tried to help in their own way.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.