Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And whats it really for? Is it mainly for noise supression? Or does it help keep the environment out? Basically someone found out the hard way that there isnt a load bearing surface behind the seats (besides that bar). And now I may need to get a new one that will stay in place.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
Yep, but I don't think it makes much difference. Mine's been out for monthes and I can't tell any difference in sound level.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i laid it out under my trunk carpet through Bills(skywalker) advice, he says it reduces the noise, but I don't really know ;)

-Tony

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
I pulled mine out about a month ago, and I do notice that my subwoofer is a good bit louder. Still need to turn it down, actually. But I don't notice any more road noise.

·
Registered
219 Posts
HondaH8er said:
I pulled mine out about a month ago, and I do notice that my subwoofer is a good bit louder. Still need to turn it down, actually. But I don't notice any more road noise.
you've got a point. it probably reduces trunk noise more than anything else. so if you put that stuff where your spare tire is, you will reduce road noise in your trunk and you can hear your sub better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts