Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving this weekend and my car has absolutely no power. To even get it to move along I have to rev up to around 5k then I slowly start moving forward. Getting up hills in either first or second gear is a chore now. This just started happening so I'm wondering if I should buy a new clutch or not?

If so does anybody know a place in maryland (montgomery or pg county) I can go to besides the dealership near me? They want a bit over a grand to install it. I really don't have that much, but can spare up to eight hundred to get my car operational again.

Are there any other things that could be wrong judging from this? Could it just be the two gears? Or maybe in need of a tune up?

The car is a 98 Impreza 2.5RS.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
My brother needed his clutch replaced on his 95 Nissan 240sx. His symptoms were also weak clutch engagement, which resulted in no power. Sure, the engine would rev, but the wheels aren't getting the strength to go. Getting your clutch replaced is not easy on the wallet. Call around, and ask for the best price, quickest time they'll take to fix it, and if the mechanic sounds professional.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Jack the ebrake and put the car in 5th gear. If you need a clutch, you'll be able to let it out most of the way or even all the way with out the car stalling (do it really slowly though).;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts