Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2000 Impreza RS
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a highway speed vibration for some time now and figured it was not the wheels, tires, balancing or alignment because I had these all looked after. So I put the car up on 4 jacks today and had a buddy drive the car in the air at highway speeds 110Kph. I looked at all 4 drive shafts and the driver front and passenger rear shafts did not seem to run perfectly true. ( slight wobble) 3mm-4mm up and down.

Is this causing my vibration? I am at a loss with finding this vibration. It is a 2000 RS.

Thank You.

· Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
3,814 Posts
oh god...thats a horribly unsafe thing to do.....I LIKE IT! lol

but yeah......i cant see driveshafts bending that easy.....it might be a problem with the CVs? but the fact that they both wobble kinda confuses me....how are they wobbling? is it the inside of the shaft or the outside that has the 3-4mm wobble?

· Premium Member
2001, Outback Sport
537 Posts
what is your vehicle mileage? it most likely your cv joints. they would certainly cause vibration at speed if there bad. did you notice that the boots are still intact>? if they are torn,a nd its been like that for a long time, it could be that the cv joints are bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.