Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

501 - 520 of 522 Posts

·
Registered
2005 forester
294 Posts
Just wondering about other options vs using ls coils.

Could we just use two coilpacks? Not sure if someone has mentioned this already.

·
Registered
2005 forester
294 Posts
This. But just cap off the unused terminals

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
No info regarding the this?

Okay i have another question then. How well does the turbo ecu control an NA-t setup with compression ratio of 10:1 with no modifications to the map?

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,172 Posts
No info regarding the this?

Okay i have another question then. How well does the turbo ecu control an NA-t setup with compression ratio of 10:1 with no modifications to the map?

I'm not too sure what you intend to do with only two coil packs but if you elaborate a bit more I'd be more than happy to speculate.

As for running a stock 205 map for a na-t setup. I would say it would likely run but it wouldn't be close to optimal. 10:1 static compression is probably going to require an altered timing table to keep you from knocking on pump gas. Not mention the injector tables are going to want different values. Thankfully there's an abundance of 16bit tuning information on nasioc as well as the romraider forums that would aid you in altering the map to suit your needs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RS
82 Posts
I tried to download the base map from tzedek and the file is no longer there. Could someone that has it please post it up or link to it? Or any map that you guys have created? Looking for something to compare to out of curiosity. Thanks

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS/C BRP
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
or two coilpacks retaining wasted spark
This. But just cap off the unused terminals

Doesn't work. I think I mentioned it in the first post, those coilpacks aren't just two outputs on two coils. If you block two off, they won't spark at all.

It's exactly what I tried at first before making the OR gate setup.

·
Registered
97 Impreza Rally Car
3 Posts
Well, on a whim I got a coil, plugs into the wrx harness and seems to make good connection with the spark plug. Will need to weld some aluminum tabs on the valve covers to bolt the coils down though

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,914 Posts
Well, on a whim I got a coil, plugs into the wrx harness and seems to make good connection with the spark plug. Will need to weld some aluminum tabs on the valve covers to bolt the coils down though

i tried pulling the dwell tables for a 2010 2.5i map yesterday but they werent defined. If you going to use those coils, i would either use the 02 wrx black coil dwell times or try and find the actual dwell times for those coils.

Do they reach the plug ok, how do you plan to secure the coil?

·
Registered
97 Impreza Rally Car
3 Posts
i tried pulling the dwell tables for a 2010 2.5i map yesterday but they werent defined. If you going to use those coils, i would either use the 02 wrx black coil dwell times or try and find the actual dwell times for those coils.

Do they reach the plug ok, how do you plan to secure the coil?

Still doing some testing on these coils. Burnt up a few of them due to assuming the pin out was the same. Nope WRX harness power is the same pin as these legacy ground. Will Keep updated.

Was wondering if any one has a basemap laying around. the one posted earlier in this thread is no longer there.

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,172 Posts
Bueller? Any One? Trying to get this car up and running before our next rally. If not Ill have to swap in all the old wiring/ecu :/
I've got a 205 base map that can have. Romraider forums has a fair selection of base maps as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Impreza Rally Car
3 Posts
well heres a little update over the weekend. got the car running (was having issues due to a faulty map sensor) But 2010 Legacy coils do work. They need a differnt pin out or you will blow them up. But overall pretty easy swap. We have basiclly ran out of time on securing the coils so we just ghetto'd it up for now. After 100 acre wood rally im going to weld on some aluminum tabs to bolt them to

·
Registered
1993 FWD Impreza Racecar, 2002 WRX Donor car for the Racecar!
3,198 Posts
Its mentioned several times in this thread that the 2.2l is easier to do this with, but I don't see a consolidated piece of information about it so I'll ask...

Can someone list EXACTLY what is needed to run the WRX ECU on a Phase II 2.2L car?

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS/C BRP
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #519 (Edited)
Its mentioned several times in this thread that the 2.2l is easier to do this with, but I don't see a consolidated piece of information about it so I'll ask...

Can someone list EXACTLY what is needed to run the WRX ECU on a Phase II 2.2L car?

It's been literally years since I had to think about any of this, but let me give it a shot:

The PII 2.2 shouldn't need anything hardware-wise swapped. IIRC, the 2.2 got an updated version of the sprockets and such, so the timing belt gears are all correct already. I'm about 70% sure all you "need" is a way to take the 4 ignition signals and make them 2 (or swap to COP). Also, the WRX or STi O2 sensor.

But again, it's literally been 4 years since I last had any significant thought in this, and a lot of it's been replaced by Audi and Wankel knowledge (as well as megasquirt, and let me tell you this whole thing is still easier than that!).

501 - 520 of 522 Posts