4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tools required

10,12mm socket/wrench
1/4 drive
Flathead screw driver
Common sense

Also refer to here... http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83925
Slava also helped me and has the tank mounted. so additional info is also found there.
Thanks Slava!

Here are the materials i used... i am so pissed at my camera(sorry about the pics):mad::mad::mad::mad:
i got 20ft of wire but i came up short. so get 30ft
12ft of 1/4 tube
zipties

here is what we will be working with today

take off the two 10mm bolts, wire clip, and tube

once its all out it should look like this....

i cleaned everything up....
the motor just pulls out

i also removed the fuses to clean better

all cleaned up

Next take off the tube on the BOTTOM and put the new 12ft tube on...

i found a grommet under the brake booster to run the tube through the cabin, you will also use this same one for the wires.

Now take off these things with the flat head screw driver, and run the tube under it

Next i started to remove the back seats to continue to run the tube. just tuck it to the side and out into the trunk

Next i ran the wires from the engine bay. i used some vampire clips, do this for both wires and make them follow the tube you already ran to the trunk

now it should look like this in your trunk ( the tube, and the 2 wires)

assemble everything together, like the back seats/door still things

make sure you get the right wires on the pump. plug them in using some wire things that fit on...(lol i dont know the name) plug in the tube and fill with some water and test it out!!!

hold it down for a few secs...
IT WORKS!!!

i didnt have time to mount it anywhere to the trunk so i will update this another time. but i am sure you can figure something out as well, but enjoy your open/clean engine bay and but the tank on the passenger side if your anal about corner weight but good luck

DISCLAIMER: i am not held responsible if you fuck up your car or make a mistake. please ask me before you do something you are not sure about.

remember USE COMMON SENSE

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
now make the bottle smaller. i used a water bottle at first. lol
i was thinking about fabing one up that would sit behind the strut tower. i would get one from a junk yard and cut/melt it

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Are you doing this for weight distribution?

·
Registered
99 WRB GC V9 Spec C RA recce
990 Posts
and the spray pattern is strong with enough pressure?
I wonder if I can use my spec c 12l tank for IC spray and windshield washers, and keep the OEM windshield washer tank for water injection...

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and the spray pattern is strong with enough pressure?
I wonder if I can use my spec c 12l tank for IC spray and windshield washers, and keep the OEM windshield washer tank for water injection...
yea i was surprised my self. it does have enough pressure.

·
Registered
Red/gray 1995 Impreza LX Wagon
260 Posts
takes a little bit to kick in but works fine. just little lag. that all

·
Registered
E30
41 Posts
the washer pumps from the I/C sprayer reservoirs work with out a hitch. if the pump became an issue, you could always just use one of them.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i mounted mine on the passenger side. i made a bracket that attactes to the 2 small bolts of the tail light. my next problem is that when i go down hill or hit the brakes hard the drivers side nozzel squirts out fluid. idk why, anyone else with this problem. my first guess is that since its a long tube all the fluid in it rushes toward the front of the car when i go down hill or hit the brakes.

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
Guys, get a rear washer tank from a '93-'95 wagon. Those years have 2 tanks, one in the front for the windshield, one in teh back for the rear window. The '97+ have a tank with 2 pumps on it (good for I/C spray I guess) and run a seprate line to the back of the car.

Anyway, should be easier to mount the flat tank on the side somewhere, and it's got a long filler hole thing to plumb it somewhere easy to fill.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
im using a 93 wagon rear tank to relocate my washer tank to the trunk...i just havent gotten around to getting hose, or anything else...all i have is the tank so far.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts