Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

261 - 267 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
05 Impreza wagon 2.5RS
2 Posts
Proud new owner of a 2005 impreza wagon EJ253 that will need this done in the near future (oil in the spark plug wells). Incredibly helpful post for a newbie DIYer. Huge thanks to the OP and everyone else who added their tips!

·
Registered
White 97 Impreza OBS
11 Posts
Tools Need:
Yes I know my photos suck.
I am not responsible for any damage caused to you, your friends, or your vehicle while you attempt to use the information within this thread :blowingup
Thank you so much for keeping your pictures active on this old thread!
I am about to do this job next week and this has been VERY helpful!

·
Registered
Miatamiatamiata
2,707 Posts
This isn't too bad to do in the car if you have a Pre-vvt car.
The tube seals can be had from the dealership for about 5 bucks each, and the two valve cover gaskets can be had from advance-auto/carquest/worldwide in the made in japan ishino stone brand complete with grommets (10) for 35 bucks.
Overall pretty cheap.
No cam caps, so no sealants necessary, but if you can find the right one, definitely replace your oil filler tube o-ring.

Don't overtighten the bolts or you may break them, 1/4" drive should get you there or a stubby wrench.

The lower-rear bolts are easier to get at under the car.
If your plug wires were soaked in oil, you should test/replace them at your discretion.

·
EEEEP!!!!
Something Slow
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Hey all, I haven't been back in a while, but I'm glad everyone is still getting good use out of this thread. With the recent Photobucket shenanigans, the images went down. I'm in the process of moving everything to Imgur, but Photobucket isn't making it easy so bear with me.

·
Registered
Miatamiatamiata
2,707 Posts
Hey all, I haven't been back in a while, but I'm glad everyone is still getting good use out of this thread. With the recent Photobucket shenanigans, the images went down. I'm in the process of moving everything to Imgur, but Photobucket isn't making it easy so bear with me.
'sup bro, happy 2000 posts.

Try postimage, never given me a hiccup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so much for keeping your pictures active on this old thread!
I am about to do this job next week and this has been VERY helpful!
Sure helped me - panicked when first saw new spark plug seals were way smaller OD to the old ones - your pic comparisons old v new calmed me ! Thanks. Tip - needed to immerse new seals in hot water first to enable press fit.

261 - 267 of 267 Posts