Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone reworking their plans to use parts from the STi? What's the difference between the 2.5L SOHC vs. DOHC? Excuse the newbie question but can you can take parts from the STi or maybe the turbo Forester if it's a detuned 2.5L and mount/bolt in the same places to a MY02 Forester w/o having to get custom piping made, you think?

R

·
0 Posts
Are you planning to install turbo? Parts for Gen III 2.5t may be expensive. Some custom exhaust work would have to be done. In theory the Whole engine assy. should bolt in. You may need new computer to run it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was planning on using parts from a Forester XT like how people use Subaru WRX parts to turbo their RS. I know the STi parts will be expensive but since they sell and produce and sell more Foresters, don't you think the parts will be cheaper?

R

·
0 Posts
Trying to turbo an RS with WRX parts is a complete PITA It doesn't work well performance is poor. There are no turbo foresters here yet. The performace of turbo forester is not very good anyway. The WRX IS using the Forester turbo. If you want to turbo a Forester, Buy a bolt on turbo kit. You will spend much less time and money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts