Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Imp 5 door Sport
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what these are worth i got mine for about 5 bucks so i couldn't pass it up

i have no idea what JDM models these come on i just know i pulled this on from an STI RA early 90's

on to pictures

The Tank

this is the coolant over flow tank and i mount inside the driver side fender and comes out in front of the batt to be filled

FINISH PRODUCT HOW TO PICS AFTER (i find it easier to see what its supposed to do and then how to do it)

HOW TO

clear a path to the inner fender and engine bay

Remove the filler neck to fit threw the hole

slide in the tank

^ finger are pointing to the two bolts to hold it in

then put on the filler neck

fender brace back in

THIS is what you get to lose and clean you engine bay up

i will almost DEF forget to ever check this tread again after the first couple of weeks so PM me if you have questions

·
Registered
2000 Imp 5 door Sport
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ haha ya the kid has a RA sitting there and was just like i don't care send me an offer

so i was like haha how about 5 bucks and he went ummm sure why not

·
project blackbird.
'01 RS, '81 Fiat Spider
3,396 Posts
I bought one today for $50. They came standard on all V1-V3 WRX and STI models I think, the models with the metal fans. The later cars with plastic fans had the tank mounted on the back of the right side fan assembly, like the RS does.

(Not to threadjack, but bl_easy, I PM'd you over on the other site about those metal fans you were selling awhile back.)

·
Registered
2000 Imp 5 door Sport
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there are part numbers for the tank of opposed forces but im guessing you will have to order from JDM land

·
Registered
2000 RS
686 Posts
Bringing it back. I will install one of these within the next week. Quick question. This tank has a top connection and a bottom connection. Which is the bottom connection for. Im guessing it should just be capped closed and connect the regular hose to the top?

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,291 Posts
The lower small tube on the neck of it goes to the nipple that comes from the radiator cap area. The top small tube connects to a piece of hose you just let hang inside the fender, its the overflow. I have mine going through the same hole the thicker tube goes through.

·
Registered
2000 RS
686 Posts
The OEM overflow doesn't have an overflow nipple on the cap. Looks like the original person who posted the thread just swapped caps instead of using the one with the nipple. I also noticed that the low/full marks are below the bottom hose.

·
Registered
1995 3.3RSTi Coupe
26 Posts
Hello,

I bought this from Gary's Garage...

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f173/t222433-jdm-fender-coolant-overflow-tank-93-01-a.html

...and just got done cleaning it all up. Quick note on cleaning if the tank has got a bunch of crap in it just put some grit like sand in it with water and shake it until it all comes off.

Savli stated that they didn't come with a vented cap but this says otherwise...

Engine cooling (Euro 2.0 turbo WRX-RA)

...and what I bought came with Part #12 even though Gary shows it plugged into the nipple that Part #17 plugs into.

I noticed when cleaning it there is a weep/breather/hole in the top of the tank. If the cap is vented and and that hole is there as well in event of overflow wont that spit coolant all over the inside of my fender well. If you have the vented cap can you block that hole up so as to keep the sealed fender well clean? Has anyone ever had an issue of overflow on the tank weep hole?

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,291 Posts
The vent from the fender mounted overflow tank connects to a hose and you just route that hose through the hole near the tube that connects the overflow neck to its tank. This will make it just fall out of the lower fender if any ever comes out

·
Registered
98 RBP coupe EJ20K swapped
673 Posts
Hello,

I bought this from Gary's Garage...

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f173/t222433-jdm-fender-coolant-overflow-tank-93-01-a.html

...and just got done cleaning it all up. Quick note on cleaning if the tank has got a bunch of crap in it just put some grit like sand in it with water and shake it until it all comes off.

Savli stated that they didn't come with a vented cap but this says otherwise...

Engine cooling (Euro 2.0 turbo WRX-RA)

...and what I bought came with Part #12 even though Gary shows it plugged into the nipple that Part #17 plugs into.

I noticed when cleaning it there is a weep/breather/hole in the top of the tank. If the cap is vented and and that hole is there as well in event of overflow wont that spit coolant all over the inside of my fender well. If you have the vented cap can you block that hole up so as to keep the sealed fender well clean? Has anyone ever had an issue of overflow on the tank weep hole?
Can you post your final connection, I'm going to do this soon.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,291 Posts
Just find a piece of hose that fits snug on the nipple that is on the overflow tank cap, make it about 8" or longer, then connect one end to the cap and route the rest through the hole where the hose that connects the overflow tank goes through the fender. I would snap a pic but there are others on google surely, and it's dark out. In this pic you can see the small hose that comes off the cap and goes down beside the other thick hose http://i.imgur.com/gPKYf2J.jpg That small hose in the pic is oem so it has bends already and goes straight through the fender hole.

·
Registered
673 Posts
route the rest through the hole where the hose that connects the overflow tank goes through the fender...this part I can't see.

Where the bottom hose connects to?

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,291 Posts
The top of the skinny hose connects to the cap, the other end just hangs in the fender.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,291 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
What's the purpose for hose on cap goes through fender,loops around short big hose, the back to engine bay? I thought hose on cap just a overflow when tank is too full.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts