Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 2.5RS Black
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im trying to install a greddy evo cat back system (that was on a 98-01 impreza) in my 05 rs and i was wondering if this is a simple bolt on process.
i was also wondering how high the car should be lifted to work on it.
would i need to take it to a shop??
and what if i got a axelback? can i do it with less of a lift?
sorry if this is noobish or if it has been posted. i searched around for 5 min and didnt find anyhting..
thanks!

·
Registered
1999 RS RBP Coupe
399 Posts
don't worry about being a noob.

I find that jack stands usually work good for changing a cat back. They are definitely a good investment too.

·
wood grain grippin'
v2 STi wagon
3,399 Posts
It's not a bolt on process. You bought a part that specifies 98-01 Impreza.

Now if it also was meant for an 05 RS, it would specify 98-05. But it doesn't, right?

How high does the car need to be lifted? It needs to be lifted enough for you to be able to comfortably work under the car.

Do you need to bring it to a shop? Based on the questions you're asking and they way you're asking them, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

If you got just the axleback, the answer is still, "as high as it needs to be"

anyway, there will need to be some modification done to the exhaust to get it to work. It ain't difficult. And if you really want to learn about how to get it to work, just LOOK under your car and start getting your learn on.

and searching around for 5 minutes and then GIVING UP isn't going to help you with anything. So stop being n00bish and change search terms and parameters until you find what you want, because it has probably been discussed.

now GO!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts