Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
95 RHD WRX
1,799 Posts
I wanted to know if anyones done this on a 99 - 01, I saw one guy say he did in the photo gallery and have been really interested to try it on it, anyone?

·
Never-Ending Project
Type R Project
511 Posts
Whenever my garage stripping comes in I'll post pics of it being installed. I've got a 99 so check back here in a week or so.

·
Registered
96 Posts
ill take some snapshots underneath so you can have an idea of what was done..

derekthecynic said:
I wanted to know if anyones done this on a 99 - 01, I saw one guy say he did in the photo gallery and have been really interested to try it on it, anyone?

·
Registered
96 Posts
i basically used the same materials as one of the board members..**black foam rubber and 3M moulding adhesive**

being that it is nearly impossible to cleanly wrap that piece around..i just used it on the corners. I cut out certain portions around the bend so it will not warp.
its real easy..the look is still growing on me though

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
no holes....its holding up pretty well. being that there is only a small portion of the rubber which is placed at the corners **less drag** as opposed to the whole thing..its still holding up..i used the 3M moulding tape..just make sure you allow ample time for the adhesive to set in both rubber piece and on the bumper..

·
OG GC
MY00 BRP RS...still adding to
4,472 Posts
nato1012 said:
i basically used the same materials as one of the board members..**black foam rubber and 3M moulding adhesive**

being that it is nearly impossible to cleanly wrap that piece around..i just used it on the corners. I cut out certain portions around the bend so it will not warp.
its real easy..the look is still growing on me though
Pics look good! Still debating wether or not to do this to mine. I am wondering, though, if it is rubber, does it tend to dry and crack in due time? Anyone else with pics for the 98-01, to convince me to do this! :p

·
Registered
95 RHD WRX
1,799 Posts
well I did it, I used the opposite side as nato, the only bad thing I have to say about it is that the front looks fine but from teh sides it doesnt really point down...more to the sides, dunno, ill get pics tomorrow or so

·
Registered
95 RHD WRX
1,799 Posts
Lol alrite alrite guys. I just got batteries today, not even kidding so heres your pics. Merry xmas. I just blackhoused my headlights this week too.

and just because I think I have a pretty ass...

41 - 60 of 230 Posts