Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this title sounds stupid but i was wondering if anybody has ever attempted to take out the amber section of there taillight like is often done for clear corner lights. i would love to try it but dont have a spare light to test it on.
or if anybody knows if the taillight has amber film in it or if the plastic itself is amber.

if its clear film shouldnt be hard to remove....

AND IT WOULD BE A BA DIY FOR ALL IMPREZA OWNERS OUT THERE THAT WANT THE JDM STI TAILS.:banana:

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome thanks guys. i searched to see if any did it and couldnt find that thread. i guess it saves me time and a tail light huh? lol
i knew that they did it on different cars and wasnt sure about the impreza.
thanks for the answers

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
one more question. there are to different types of taillights.
the ones that the amber encloses the reverse white and one that they are two seperate sections. are they both of the same construction?

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have pictures of both styles but dont know how to post them lol

here ill try it

there is one and here

is the other.
took the pictures off ebay tell me if they show up

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
859 Posts
No pix, but I picked up an extra USDM tail light a few years ago. The plastic is through and through amber; it's not clear with an amber layer on the inside or anything. I found this out the hard way by unfortunately breaking the tail light...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.