01 converted RS.
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so, this just pop up from my mind.... for
02 2.5RS

-buy aftermarket WRX exhaust manifold / OEM
-WRX turbo
-sti top mount
-oil return line and coolant line for the turbo [ is there any DIY / how to on this one]
intake and so on

estimate for all these part are about $300-400.

Have someone cut and re-weld the wrx exhaust manifold so it would mate up and go up to the engine bay near the RS intake box. like Lou's Custom, anyone who warranty their welds. [ I think OEM piping are much easier to work on, since they are in pieces]

bolt turbo on, then customize piping going back to the catback.

minor work for TMIC, and intake

oil return line and coolant line for the turbo. [does WRX oil pan fit? so no need to drill and tap onto the RS oil pan]

have all necessary brackets make for all the above parts....

and get a UTEC?

approximately $500-600 can get all these done [ without UTEC]

am I missing anything?

I already have the suspension done.

how many PSI is safe with the stock RS tranny and engine internal?

fuel pump and fuel injectors are required too right? if so, would the OEM WRX work?

·
Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
3,233 Posts
estimate for all these part are about $300-400.

Oil lines alone will run you close to $100 for steel braded with Tapping bung and the T's.
Unless you got some hook ups or know how to weld all that fancy stuff together this
is going to run you more than $500-600 in my opinion. Not trying to hate on you.

+1 on Grammar lessons (especially in the present, past, future tense dept)

Depending on your tunning fuel pump/injectors are optional, but recommended. The right tunning around stock
fuel system can scratch those of your list.
5Psi is your friend

·
Registered
01 converted RS.
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know someone that can hook me up ..... lol, he said about $500-700 labor by bring in him all the parts.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,605 Posts
engine management, gauges, wideband kit, etc. (just noticed you said UTEC)
some bypass valve (or blowoff valve if you want to be inefficient)
possibly fuel injectors and pump
new piping for an intake and a cone filter
you'll want a clutch since yours will start slipping

All I can think of off the top of my head to add to your list... I'm sure there is something I'm forgetting. I'm building up my motor, so my list is huge!

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
am I missing anything?
uhhhhh....you are missing a lot.....

read through some of the threads in this section and you'll get a pretty good idea whats going on :)

start with the stickied threads at the top

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
plus the price of those items will be more than $400. sti topmount will be about $300 alone.
I don't even think you'll need an STi top mount. You're not going to be making that much power with this setup. You can get a used WRX top mount, with the bpv and y-pipe for $50 shipped on theotherplace.com

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,605 Posts
I don't even think you'll need an STi top mount. You're not going to be making that much power with this setup. You can get a used WRX top mount, with the bpv and y-pipe for $50 shipped on theotherplace.com
^^^ True that!

·
Registered
99 Forester & RS
1,106 Posts
5 to 700 for labor? i think its a bit too much. anyhow. you are missing alot plus total will be more than $1000 for sure. you still need to buy boost gauge, emanage, and and and and and other misc parts also. why dont you just swap the whole engine?

·
Registered
01 converted RS.
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I suppose putting a 02 - 03 wrx engine into a 02-03 2.5rs doesn't require that much wiring work?

·
Registered
99 Forester & RS
1,106 Posts
well for that question, you can find it in the stickie thread. you can find a wiring diagrams and everything what you need to know about swap

·
Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
3,233 Posts
some bypass valve (or blowoff valve if you want to be inefficient
I thought 2002 was MAP based? You don't need to recirculate it if it
is. The readings will be fine. AVO told me I had that option.

·
Registered
2000 RS SRP
199 Posts
At 5 psi boost will aftermarket bov's have an effect? I wanna know because I have a fat kit and am still acquiring parts and was interested in an aftermarket bov.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
it will work..all on spring pressure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts