Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Information removed until further notice.

If you want to see the information that used to be in this thread, PM me.

·
Registered
01 2.5RS
8 Posts
Really useful, Thanks! :)

Rather stupid question now, are all the door locks suppose lock/unlock when you use the key to lock and unlock the doors?

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really useful, Thanks! :)

Rather stupid question now, are all the door locks suppose lock/unlock when you use the key to lock and unlock the doors?
As far as i know, only the one lock you are turning the key on as you are opening the lock manually (as opposed to electronically when you hit the button) when you use the key.

If anyone else can confirm this, it'd be great because i've only used the wiring from one car ever.

-Garrett

·
Registered
01 2.5RS
8 Posts
Ahh, I see. Was only asking since the aftermarket alarm installed by the previous owner was most likely done by an inbred chimp leaving a mess of wires.

·
Registered
08' Cooper S, 98' RBP 2.5 RS
97 Posts
Has anyone confirmed this on a 98 RS? I just went to try it but could not find the connector shown above

·
yep. you heard me.
03 Legacy GT wagon
6,471 Posts
98RS is not pre-wired for keyless and does not have that plug. if you are adding keyless, you have to splice/tap

to be clear, if you have a 99-01 Impreza without keyless, the plug pictured just has a jumper plug on it from the factory. then when you install the keyless key, you unplug the jumper and plug in the keyless kit.

·
Registered
08' Cooper S, 98' RBP 2.5 RS
97 Posts
Aw dang, thanks for the reply.
Still need to figure out if my drivers door power lock is broken or not then

·
yep. you heard me.
03 Legacy GT wagon
6,471 Posts
well your drivers door should have the "lock/unlock" button, hit that and if its still not working either something in the door is broken (switch, wiring, or lock actuator) or someone tampered with the dash wiring (peek under the dash by the pedals and see if it looks like a rats nest of wiring, or if it looks OEM/clean)

·
Registered
'00 RS / V5 STI
614 Posts
Holy cow!

Thanks - my keyless literally caught fire on me and had to be removed. Glad to see I can quickly fix that issue.

-TC

·
Registered
2004 WRX JBP
11 Posts
Whenever I turn my key to the ignition/Accessory slot the lock system will cycle 3times. Apparently that is suppost to be when you reactivate a FOB to that car, & Ive done that. But the locks still continue to cycle, even randomly when Im driving, also the car alarm will go off randomly. Im just thinking that my battery is gone in the fob and there is no fob programed to the security system, or something is completely wrong with my system. Pleasee helpp, I don't know all too much about electrical work :/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you so much for a great write up. Fixed!
There are also two green conectors ( test conectors), but what I don't know is that there is also one black conector with yellow, blue, orange, white and white/red stripe. Any idea what is that about? It's unpluged and just hanging.
I'm a new member here and I just got 2001 25RS. Car is clean with 98000 miles but someone before installed aftermarket radio and all kinds of wires for amp and big boooom box. Everything is clean now, but Radio and dome lights are not working at all. Looks like no power coming to radio. Fuses are good. I know there is some info here about that, but could't find anything specific. Any help??? Thanks

·
Registered
99 gc coupe
48 Posts
well, i got door lock issues. door isn't locking/unlocking when i push the lock button from driver/passenger side switches. i tried a known good switch from another rs, still doesn't work. so i tried this method, and no luck still. so i'm guessing either my actuator or relay?!?!?! anyone has similar issues? btw, my window works...if someone could help me resolve this issue, would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
00 rs ej205 swapped :)
16 Posts
Can anyone let me know what two colors the ground wires are that need to be paired? Someone decided to cut my plug totally off and all i have left is the wires.

·
Registered
00 rs ej205 swapped :)
16 Posts
Can anyone let me know what two colors the ground wires are that need to be paired? Someone decided to cut my plug totally off and all i have left is the wires.
I've found the wire colors if anyone else is having the same issue. Its black to dark blue.

·
Registered
00 RS sedan
155 Posts
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! you dont understand how bad my ocd was because of the stupid drivers door lock wouldn't lock. many thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts