Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

· Registered
861 Posts
I do, but they are not close ups. My lines are just simple heater hose lines, nothing special. The hoses that are circled in are the new fuel lines that I dropped in. The circle on the left is where the fuel line is T'd in before the passenger side fuel rails.

Attachments

· Registered
RIP: MY00 BRP 2.5RS Sedan 4EAT
1,541 Posts
Graham: what kind of T connector did you use to tap on to the passenger side rail and the in line?

would boy's way work also using, say just brass T's and fuel injector hoses, while using the stock FPR

i'm not sure what FPR to use and a Y or T splitter if i was to do zaidoun's way. would brass T's be ok? or what. I looked at summitracing's BG (i think it was BG) Y connector and i was looking for something more stock looking and small.

· Registered
861 Posts
Graham: what kind of T connector did you use to tap on to the passenger side rail and the in line?

I just used simple brass T fitting from Ace hardware, nothing special. I attached bard fittings on all inlets of the T, then put it in the line and clamped it down with some metal hose clamps. All the parts needed are listed in the writeup I did of this a while back. The writeup isn't posted right now, but i'll see what I can do.

would boy's way work also using, say just brass T's and fuel injector hoses, while using the stock FPR
Yes, his way should work just fine with the stock FPR. Zaidoun's version, however, would not work since the FPR requires TWO inlets on the FPR, not one like the stock unit. I would brass T's are fine, if you can find them in a Y configuration.

Is heater hose ok for use on the pressurized side of a fuel injection systems?

I think so, since Discount Auto Parts didn't have anything that specifically said "fuel line". I just used the stuff they had, and I don't see why it wouldn't work.....it's worked for the last 12 months for me.

Graham

· Registered
RIP: MY00 BRP 2.5RS Sedan 4EAT
1,541 Posts
ok.. now if i did it how boy does it.. would i have to cut & modify the stock rails... and doesn't the stock FPR have some kind of flange on it and not an end where you can put a hose on?

· Registered
861 Posts
I believe that the stock FPR does have some sort of flange, but I cannot remember exactly how it attaches at the moment.

It would probably be in your best interest to remove all the stock metal lines running under the intake manifold.

Graham

· Registered
861 Posts
the stocker will be removed completely.

Bill, many people have tried to run the 2 in 1 FPR and RRFPR units with the RS, without any luck. It would be in your best interest to run a seperate FPR unit from your RRFPR.

Graham

· Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
842 Posts
Graham said:
Bill, many people have tried to run the 2 in 1 FPR and RRFPR units with the RS, without any luck. It would be in your best interest to run a seperate FPR unit from your RRFPR.

Graham
Thanks for the heads up, good thing I haven't done my // rails yet ;) . Hmmmm, looks like a bit more engineering for me before I start cutting anything.

· Registered
2,017 Posts
Graham said:

Graham
I don't get it. Isn't a RRFPR just a FPR with the ability to increase the amount of fuel pressure based on a vacuum/pressure signal? I don't understand why you can't just run the RRFPR by itself. :confused:

I'm also thinking about re-doing the fuel plumbing in my car, in preparation of turboing someday. And I was thinking of just replacing the OEM FPR with a RRFPR now.

· Registered
861 Posts
Yes, it would seem like more of a loop. Did you ask this because you say a picture of the Ludespeed version? He did basically what I did, except he placed the the line between the FPR and #3. It would seem like more a loop, but it almost doesn't really matter, since both units keep more pressure on the passenger side fuel rails. I definetly see you point, and please feel free to do a setup your own way, they all perform the basic task of making the fuel pressures more even across the cylinders.

Graham

· Registered
861 Posts
I don't get it. Isn't a RRFPR just a FPR with the ability to increase the amount of fuel pressure based on a vacuum/pressure signal? I don't understand why you can't just run the RRFPR by itself.
Well, are you familiat with the Vortech S-RRFPR? It is a unit with a baseline FPR function, as well as a RRFPR capability. Imprezinator attempted to put one on his RS-T, and had NO luck getting a solid 35 or so baseline fuel pressure, while still raising pressure while on boost.

RRFPR have plates that act when pressure goes over vaccum, such as 2 psi, not just 1:1 like a normally aspirated car would see. FPR's only have one to one plates, so your not getting rise in pressure. The RRFPR give you on boost response, but it has nothing to act off of for baseline pressure.

Thanks for the heads up, good thing I haven't done my // rails yet . Hmmmm, looks like a bit more engineering for me before I start cutting anything.

You could stay with your same setup, just get a Subaru SVX regulator where you have your existing FPR in the schematic and then place the RRFPR on the fuel IN and OUT lines right near the firewall, that would work fine.

Graham

· Registered
2,017 Posts
Graham said:
Well, are you familiat with the Vortech S-RRFPR? It is a unit with a baseline FPR function, as well as a RRFPR capability. Imprezinator attempted to put one on his RS-T, and had NO luck getting a solid 35 or so baseline fuel pressure, while still raising pressure while on boost.

RRFPR have plates that act when pressure goes over vaccum, such as 2 psi, not just 1:1 like a normally aspirated car would see. FPR's only have one to one plates, so your not getting rise in pressure. The RRFPR give you on boost response, but it has nothing to act off of for baseline pressure.

Graham
Ah, that clears it up. So I guess I'd need to go with something like what Boy is doing, with the 2 Y-blocks, or maybe a regular 1:1 FPR with 2 inlets?

· Registered
861 Posts
Bill, I am using the stock FPR and Vortech. My high pressure fuel pump makes my baseline fuel pressure 51 psi, showing just how little the stock FPR can handle pressure wise.

Your design would work perfectly, that is exactly how was trying to explain it.

Ah, that clears it up. So I guess I'd need to go with something like what Boy is doing, with the 2 Y-blocks, or maybe a regular 1:1 FPR with 2 inlets?

Yes, you would need to exactly what Boy is doing, if you like the way his fuel lines are routed, that is. As nice as it would be to be able to use a unit with a FPR and RRFPR built in, they just haven't seemed to work with the RS, so we are stuck with using seperate units.

Graham

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.