Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
yaz,

now heres where i need help. I have a 99 2.5RS and im using a jdm sti ver 5-6 sti guage cluster. I popped old RS one off and this one on, and it worked perfect. Everything works great, didint have to remove any pins.

i have a jdm 6speed DCCD tranny, and i just recently got the dccd controller for it. Im in the process of wiring it up, and there are 6 wires that goto the gauge cluster. lock 0%, lock 15%, lock 35%, lock 65%, lock 80%, and lock 100%. My gauge cluster does have the dccd display on it, so i would like to wire it up.

How would i go about doing this. I need to find out what pins on the jdm cluster correspond to each lock percentage which makes it light up. Im using the stock 99 RS gauge cluster wiring harness, so will i just have to add pins to blank spaces?

·
Premium Member
11, LGT & 08, STi
493 Posts
I'm going to be getting a MY99 WRX cluster from the UK.

Think this will be plug & play?

-Mark

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
so, anyone know if a v5/6 cluster will plug 'n play in a MY00 RS? Last I knew (from ravensblade) you needed to re-wire it?

·
Registered
1998 CW Integra Type R
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
PM DGoReck here, he recently installed a 5/6 cluster in his car(oo), from what i hear it was plug n play

mark, only 1 way to find out, and thats to get it and try it... if it dont work, rewire it :)

·
Registered
1998 CW Integra Type R
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
ImprezaRSfan! said:
yaz,

now heres where i need help. I have a 99 2.5RS and im using a jdm sti ver 5-6 sti guage cluster. I popped old RS one off and this one on, and it worked perfect. Everything works great, didint have to remove any pins.

i have a jdm 6speed DCCD tranny, and i just recently got the dccd controller for it. Im in the process of wiring it up, and there are 6 wires that goto the gauge cluster. lock 0%, lock 15%, lock 35%, lock 65%, lock 80%, and lock 100%. My gauge cluster does have the dccd display on it, so i would like to wire it up.

How would i go about doing this. I need to find out what pins on the jdm cluster correspond to each lock percentage which makes it light up. Im using the stock 99 RS gauge cluster wiring harness, so will i just have to add pins to blank spaces?
i never worked with a dccd cluster so i couldnt tell ya, sorry :(

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
buest guess on the DCCD...

C6> BLU/YEL snow flake "HOLD" warning/indicator
C7> PNK ???
C8> WHT/BLK small lightbulb housing, with no transparent indicator
C9> YEL/RED I/C Spray indicator light
C10> BRN/RED small lightbulb housing, with no transparent indicator
C11> ------ small lightbulb housing, with no transparent indicator

somewhere in there.

·
Premium Member
11, LGT & 08, STi
493 Posts
Well the UK 99 WRX Speedo is not a plug & play. :(

Now I have to play guess what this wire dose...

-Mark

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
/\ :(

My suggestion, search for a UK wiring diagram, mabye post on some UK message boards looking for one? It's gonna break fewer things than "guess teh wire".

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
Stock wiring, to help things out a bit:

I'm looking for a link ot a UK site that had UK specific pinouts, I'll post it when I get it.

AJ

·
Premium Member
11, LGT & 08, STi
493 Posts
Cool thanks

Just so that you know my car is a 2000.

And I did put up a post on Scoobynet. nothing yet

-Mark

·
Banned
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
2,214 Posts
So what does it look like in your ride after all this work????

Lemmie see, lemmie see!! :gaga:

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
I'll take pictures when I get ahold of a decent digital camera. The 1 Mpixel DVC just won't do it any justice.

AJ

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Jim Clarke Racing should (hopefully) have what you're looking for. Thank you for reminding me, and I'm glad I still have my dinasaur computer alive and kicking, as it has the only link to that website. :D

He has the zip files for wiring diagrams and engine/body electical system, they should provide you with a good start for things. I'll check the ol' desktop to see if I DL'd them and have the images lying around as well.

AJ

·
Registered
1998 RS, RBP
106 Posts
Hello Guys:
Excellent post. Now I have something a little different. I have a '98RS and purchased an STI v5/6 cluster with the DCCD. As of now I have not been able to install it but next week I have a '00 RS cluster harness to install it the question is...What changes should a make in order to make it work correctly. Once is working will buy the STI option cluster 10K RPM and 280kph...

Thanks,

Nativo

·
Registered
1998 CW Integra Type R
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Nativo said:
Hello Guys:
Excellent post. Now I have something a little different. I have a '98RS and purchased an STI v5/6 cluster with the DCCD. As of now I have not been able to install it but next week I have a '00 RS cluster harness to install it the question is...What changes should a make in order to make it work correctly. Once is working will buy the STI option cluster 10K RPM and 280kph...

Thanks,

Nativo
from what i hear people are not having any issues with the STI v5/6.. i know a couple of people with them, 1 a 99 and the other with a 00 they both said they just plugged it in

·
Registered
1998 RS, RBP
106 Posts
Yaz said:
from what i hear people are not having any issues with the STI v5/6.. i know a couple of people with them, 1 a 99 and the other with a 00 they both said they just plugged it in
Well actually STI v4 cluster's rear connectors are compatible with 1998 RS but STI v5/6 cluster's rear connectors are compatible with '99-'00 RS. My issue is I have a 1998 RS and STI v5/6 cluster.

Thanks,

Nativo

·
Registered
MY00 RS/STi
954 Posts
I have an extra one of those harnesses laying around if anybody needs it. The one with the 3 green plugs that go into the top of the cluster. PM me if you're interested. Thanks.

21 - 40 of 118 Posts