Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
06 imp white wagon
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you don't need balls to drill through your hatch on your 5-door. you need a drill.:D (copied originally from my thread in NASIOC)

initial 3mm holes, using the template provided.

touch-up paint for the drill marks/rough edges and drilling up to 9mm for the bottom two holes.

using the "M6 Insert Nut" for the bottom holes, and the 15mm drill bit for the top part.

the top right hole, after the 15mm drilling

the top left hole, after 15mm drilling

now the most exciting part, the install

· Registered
06 imp white wagon
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

some pics of the install

feel free to ask any questions about the install.

my comments for this is that it took me around 4 hours~ give or take. one of the the hardest parts of the install was making sure the holes line up. the drilling part was easy once you get to doing it. however the most frustrating thing was that i lacked the proper tools for the job, so it took longer than expected. the tabs on the upper holes and the attachment on the spoiler was a PITA to install, all in all i would give this difficulty rating a 3.5~4 out of 5. time consuming and blister forming.

ntoes: i didn't need to disconnect the negative terminal for this install although it would have been safer, i was a little afraid of drilling into the wire for the 3rd signal light and frying myself. but i used a lot of painters tape to attach it to another side away from the drilling.

i might add more pictures to clarify upon request.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.