Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
2000, RS, BRP
4 Posts
I was hoping to do this job this weekend but the picts are gone. Is there any way to get access to those pictures?
Ditto on this! 99 Legacy needs a clutch replaced after 265k miles. Have the tools, friends, beer, and parts for this weekend....but the pics are gone. Any chance of sending out a word doc via email or IM?

D

·
0 Posts
Ditto on this! 99 Legacy needs a clutch replaced after 265k miles. Have the tools, friends, beer, and parts for this weekend....but the pics are gone. Any chance of sending out a word doc via email or IM?

I'm in the same boat mate.

Please pm or email me if someone got the pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Black Mica Pearl 2.5 Coupe
4 Posts
Need to drop my transmission and I remember looking at this thread before when the pics were still available. Please post a link where the pictures can be located! I'm in desperate need of them!

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
Need to drop my transmission and I remember looking at this thread before when the pics were still available. Please post a link where the pictures can be located! I'm in desperate need of them!
The pictures still exists. You can right click and view them or just install the Photobucket embed fix extension for chrome.

photobucket embed fix - Chrome Web Store

·
Registered
2015 Scion FRS series One
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #186 (Edited)
Hi all,
My photobucket site is inundated with adds now and it is almost impossible to navigate from picture to picture. I am trying to locate my original photo set and I would like to make them available again. I would also be interested in a free photo hosting site to use if possible. If anyone can suggest a rock solid hosting site please let me know. :) Sorry for the down time but I knew this would eventually happen.

Update: I have all original 81 photos now. Just need a place to re-host : )

·
Registered
2 Posts
poor me

I started replacing the clutch today and now I realized im out of pictures to follow. :(

*feels bad man*

I have started taking out all the trans mounting bolts but now I have to go searching for them all by my self with no guidance!

Please, Please re-upload more pics!

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
Photobucket embed fix extension for chrome fixes the issue. You can also right click on the image and open it in new tab to view.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
I started replacing the clutch today and now I realized im out of pictures to follow. :(

*feels bad man*

I have started taking out all the trans mounting bolts but now I have to go searching for them all by my self with no guidance!

Please, Please re-upload more pics!

OK its all done now : ) All pics linked from new IMGUR host. All pics linked from Photobucket have been removed. If anyone sees a step out of order or duplicated please PM me and I will fix it. Pretty sure everything is in order though. Happy wrenching : )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for the write up. I followed it (mostly) for a 2009 Outback. The only substantial differences being that I didn't remove the exhaust, just worked around it. My CV axles are a bit different to remove as well, I disassembled the knuckles and removed them first, which might not have been absolutely necessary.

To add my experience for anyone else doing this:

1) When reinstalling the transmission it helped me to get it started on the two studs and then balance it on the little protrusion - this let it level a bit more easily to align.

2) I should have bought the Exedy clutch kit from the start. I bought a Valeo kit, installed it and it wouldn't disengage. Teardown / reassemble to double check - still no dice. Finally got the Exedy kit and it works perfectly.

To confirm the timing, it took me 11-12 hours the first time and about 10 the subsequent two times with the longest single job being realigning the transmission.

·
Registered
Impreza WRX 2001
1 Posts
Big thank you for the write-up with pictures that work as well!

Just done my WRX using this post, and despite several differences, it made the whole process, dare I say, easy.

Absolutely amazing job.

·
Registered
2001 gm6
103 Posts
Thank u for the awesome super detailed write up and pictures. Helped me through all my maintenance and upgrades. I started off needing to do my output shaft seal but figured I should just install my competition stage 2 clutch, grease up the clutch fork, install new throw out bearing, pilot bearing, output shaft seal, both front inner cv boots(cleaned up grease everywhere and also transmission oil all over from the output shaft seal. Been meaning to take care of those for months, feels good to finally get them taken care of. The grease on the fork was so old all that was left was red dust lol. The Throw bearing did not rotate smoothly, pilot bearing was bad as well. All that from just going NA-t and deciding to finally take care of all that. Now to finish installing the home brewed turbo kit!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
I'm glad people are still putting the info in this write up to good use. : ) I check in once in a while to make sure the pictures are still up.

181 - 198 of 198 Posts