Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,872 Posts
It's up to you I have the front and rear shifter bushings and I like them but if u have a side to side wobble when it's in gear u need a shifter joint or bushings for the shifter joint
It sounds like the spring is either not installed or incorrectly installed. The bushins will make the stick more solid but the spring is what makes it return to center

Im collecting the last of my arts for my 98RS auto to 02WRX manual swap. I have a 95/96 legacy mt5 going in which is a push style cable clutch (correct?). Ill be using a starter from a 95/96 legacy as well, will I need to tap the hole since its a 98rs ej25d? Also is a 96 impreza pedal box going to work with my trans setup? thankyou
I'm confused about your swap, is it a WRX or Legacy tranny? I believe the older MT5 is a cable clutch but either way it should bolt up fine. The starter neeeds different length bolts than a 4EAT but should bolt in at the same location without modification to the case. The cable and hydro pedal boxes are different and not interchangeable

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,872 Posts
Negative, cable goes directly to the fork. No master or slace cylinders on cable clutches. I have a few extra parts lying around from the swaps I've done, a ton of bolts and some other random parts. I'm going to the fair tomorrow if you wanna meet. Those seats you sold me are great btw, took some head scratching to fit but I love 'em

·
Registered
95 Impreza racecar
818 Posts
Oh okay I thought I knew you from somewhere! Id like to see them installed, maybe illstop by after work, but my 96 impreazaedal box willwork witbh the 96 leggy trans correct? Is that all ill need tp get theb pedal box working?

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,872 Posts
Yeah, the brake master cylinder connects the same and the gas pedal is seperate anyway. I had the pedal box installed before I did the swap and it was a little weird to drive an automatic with a clutch. For the seats all I did was use cross bars on top of oem seat rails. I'm gonna post a write up with the pics I took

·
Registered
White 00 impreza rs
70 Posts
It sounds like the spring is either not installed or incorrectly installed. The bushins will make the stick more solid but the spring is what makes it return to center

I'm confused about your swap, is it a WRX or Legacy tranny? I believe the older MT5 is a cable clutch but either way it should bolt up fine. The starter neeeds different length bolts than a 4EAT but should bolt in at the same location without modification to the case. The cable and hydro pedal boxes are different and not interchangeable

What are you talking about what spring ?

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,872 Posts
Okay so my last question would be how interchangeable are. Clutches and flywheels inbetween ej trannies
I'm pretty sure hydro and cable clutches are the same other than the clutch fork being a little different.

What are you talking about what spring ?
That seems to confirm that it's missing, I'll take a pic of what I'm talking about tomorrow. If the shifter has no resistance side to side then I doubt it's the bushings

·
Registered
01 RSTI 93 L
733 Posts
I'm pretty sure hydro and cable clutches are the same other than the clutch fork being a little different.

That seems to confirm that it's missing, I'll take a pic of what I'm talking about tomorrow. If the shifter has no resistance side to side then I doubt it's the bushings

Yea, I wasn't really sure if it was the bushings or not, just kind of took a guess. I've never had my RS's shifter area apart, so I didn't know what else was needed since this 96L was obv Auto before I swapped it. But thanks, a picture would be helpful/part number if thats easier for you!

·
Registered
White 00 impreza rs
70 Posts

There shouldn't be any spring the joint is on the trans it's where the linkage from the shifter attaches to the trans theres a joint there and that will give you a side to side wobble while ur in gear if the bushings are bad in it

·
Registered
01 RSTI 93 L
733 Posts
I'm talking about when its out of gear. At this moment I could care less about shifter wobble since this is my rally cross car. It doesn't spring back to the middle. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a part

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,872 Posts

Not the best pic but I'm having trouble uploading. The spring attaches to the stay and is a pain in the ass to remove and install

·
Registered
98 black RS
365 Posts
I just kind of bought a 95 WRX engine and 5 speed transmission for my 4EAT Impreza, is there any way I can make this work with the auto drive shaft and rear differential? or even just the auto drive shaft?

·
Registered
09 WRX, 98 STi
1 Posts
QUESTION!! I just did an auto to manual swap on my 2000 RS and it's super sluggish, the dash lights won't come on and the speedometer won't work. I grounded the Ecu and removed the TCU. What am I doing wrong?

141 - 160 of 393 Posts