Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Rally Car
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On October 5th, I'm meeting some friends and driving a 25 mile loop through Northeast CT, about 40% of this is dirt roads.

A Word of Caution: there will be dirt roads with loose gravel and all the things that come along with dirt roads so please plan accordingly. Super low cars might have to go real slow in spots, but that is okay because we won't be racing, go as slow as you want. The idea is for everyone to get a chance to enjoy the roads, so once I finalize the route, print it out, that way we can maintain nice spacing to keep the dust down for those behind us. Some of these dirt roads may need upwards of one minute to let the dust settle so that others can see. The route map is designed to take the place of following someone visually, kinda like a TSD, minus the T and S. Bring a friend to navigate off the route map, it will be easier. A map of CT or Windham county might not be a bad idea in case someone gets lost.

I'll post some pics of the route roads if I get a chance, but it is probably around 40% dirt, most nicely maintained, but there are a couple of more rugged spots. Nothing my OBS with H&R springs couldn't handle easily.

This will be a one lap meet like the last meet, only this time there will be a longer chitchat/food time at the Vanilla Bean Cafe in Pomfret.

They serve awesome sangwiches and have a good selection of beer. There are outdoor tables as well. Parking can be a bit tight so we will park wherever we can, at the Bean, across the street or at the Catholic Church.

Specifics

On October 5th at 1pm we will meet at the Edge of Yale Forest. Let's see if everyone can see this link to the google map I made...Click on some of the pins on the map for pictures of the road. I only have the first part of one of the dirt roads up, but hopefully I'll have more done this weekend.

I figure we'll hang out at the start until 2pm or so, chit chat and what not, then take off on this route. I'll be tweaking it somewhat before it is finalized.

Once we get to the bean it's time for a cold one and chit chat! For those that are interested, I can add a bit after the Bean. This would be circling back around the south part of the county back out toward 84 in Willington/Ashford. There are some real nice dirt roads down there.

Once I know when it is, feel free to just show up at the appointed time or post if you're coming.

There will be subies as well as other stuff too, VW, Jeep etc., so bring whatever.

I may change the route slightly before the day, so make sure you check back. I'll post text directions when it is finalized.

More pics

·
Registered
94L
2,782 Posts
This blows... cant really drive 4 hours for a meet (next day school/ work):(

·
Registered
99' RS silverthorn wingless
90 Posts
abington, didn't realize you put up a post on here about the meet, anyways had a great time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts