Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
95 L-STi
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having conflicting feelings here...I have a WRX engine and almost complete swap setup waiting for me when I get back to the states, BUT I'm finding myself saying what if I love the car just the way it is and don't want to go through with the long swap process... Should I sell of my swap and use some of the $$ for suspension upgrades or should I just hold on to it and see what happens? I mean its not like engines are hard to come by so I could just get another one when the time comes to swap.

Guidance PLEASE!

· Registered
17,115 Posts
I would lean on the side of swapping it. It's not very often that something like that comes your way. I would worry about suspension and brakes after I got the swap done. There's no point of having a really nice suspension setup and huge brakes if you don't make the power to use them.

· Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,880 Posts
There's no point of having a really nice suspension setup and huge brakes if you don't make the power to use them.
Speaking as someone who has an awesome suspension setup in a slow-ass car, just remember that if you go for big power without suspension and brake upgrades, your car will not be able to handle the new high speeds you will inevitably be going. But, as long as you have some good tires you can live without this for a bit I guess. I'm of the philosophy that one should get the car ready for big power before actually getting it.

· Registered
2003 rs2.5 BRP
974 Posts
since you have teh kit... i'd say rock with it.. theres no replacement for the knowledge you'll gain doing your swap, and it will bring you even closer yo your car

you think you love her now, wait till you can say you did the swap yourself..

· 4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
4,680 Posts
the other reason to do your swap would be two-fold. The engine WRX engine will no longer be subject to corrosion from sitting, and you'll essentially be rolling back the clock on your engine.

Do your swap, it's definitely worth it. KYB AGX's are cheap, WRX front rotors and pad upgrades are cheap, and will be more than sufficient until you save up enough money for a more aggressive suspension brake setup.

· DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
12,497 Posts
swap it man. When I had my RS(it was not swapped), I loved it the way it was. With some upgraded suspension parts, it handled well, but also sounded good, and was fun to drive. However, if I had had all the parts necessary to do the swap, I would have done it in a heartbeat.

· Premium Member
95 L-STi
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
awesome, I'm definitely going to keep my engine now...Plus I have like 3 months before i get back home anyways, so I have time to buy up other stuff to complete the swap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.