Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L & 1997 OBS
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a couple questions. i was wondering if the struts/springs are different for those two models. also ive got 4 pot front lgt rear brakes on my rs, could they transfer right over to the 95 wagon? I know the rear strut bar is different in the wagon, but is the front still the same right? Pretty much i got a bunch of brake/suspension done on my rs, but wanna go with a wagon instead and am trying to swap as many parts as possible so i dont have to rebuy parts. I was gonna do a ej205 swap to my rs soon, but the quarter panels are starting rust, and i really dont wanna do all this work and in like 3 years have the quarter panels rust through on me.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT, 05 Forester X
114 Posts
When I put OEM 99 RS struts/springs on my 98 L wagon it dropped about 3/4" in the front but I got the dreaded ass-sag. The wagons are lighter than the RS, but the weight bias is different. I believe the RS is 65f/35R where as the wagon is closer to 55f/45f.

As far as brakes, if it fits the RS, is should bolt onto the wagon in the same way.

·
Premium Member
RSTI
6,844 Posts
Yes everything transfers fine. I have this feeling tho that by using the RS struts you'll be loosing out on some rear camber tho. I can't remember where i read that pretty sure it's true tho. Best option is to use the stock L struts with Koni Inserts or coilovers. RS struts will also make it sit up too high still. I have GF8 STI suspension and it's way too high for my tastes.

cheers

garrett

1 - 4 of 4 Posts