Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ntseg Muag!
SRP MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to get my car next year....so i wanna the difference between the 98-01 Rs....like engine, hp, and stuff....that's all...thanx.......

·
Registered
98, 00
30 Posts
98 = DOHC slightly lower torque down low 162ft/lb
99+ = SOHC torque uped to 166 ft/lb
same HP all years
98-99 = MAF air sensor, gold 98, silver 99, five spoke rims
00-01 = MAP air sensor, silver six spoke rims, and a rear LSD
98 = L/OBS style front bumper
99+ = V5 front bumper

each new year added more standard equipment, and color and door configurations also changed

·
Ntseg Muag!
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanxz........then that means that the 00-01 RS's are better rite?

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
Yes, your best bet is to find a 00-01 Impreza. There is no advantage to getting an earlier year one....besides the gold rims

·
Registered
1995 AWD Brilliant Red Subaru
723 Posts
Next time, try doing a search. This subject has been covered many of times.;) Well, if you are thinking about turbo'ing, the 99' has a slightly lowered compression. 9.5 to 1i think. Makes it more boost friendly. Also, the 99's i think have been known to blow maf's with aftermarket intake, BUT....I believe the problem has been fixed, if i am not mistaken. :confused: If i am wrong in anyway, please feel free to make corrections.:flame:

·
Ntseg Muag!
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey x-torted legacy

u didn't have to flame me.....i already have a good knowledge about impreza.....i know this has been post a couple of times...but i wanted to clearify some things. like engine differences and stuff......

·
Registered
1995 AWD Brilliant Red Subaru
723 Posts
i didn't mean to flame you. I was just suggesting that you would try searching before asking a question, since this is a fairy common question.

·
Ntseg Muag!
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok......i think i'm just gonna find me a RS with a wrx swap motor...i kinda like the 2.0 better...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts