Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs-T
391 Posts
I didn't get crap. Plus what sux0rs is that my work now has web sense now. How the fuck do I get past this crap now.:curse:

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
Well I don't live in Cal...but I did get some RS goodies!!

Installed them last night...here is a picture of the intake..just like it at least.

http://www.injen.com/webpages/intakes/intake_images/misc/rd1210p.jpg

Put in the morettes last night(I bought them)...looks really nice as a whole package. I will have to take some shots of it!!! :drool:

;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
I got that Costco Airtool set.....thats kind of a car thing. Anybody know anything about compressors? Tank size?, CFM?, Good brand?.....ummmm, cheap?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Quick WRX said:
I got that Costco Airtool set.....thats kind of a car thing. Anybody know anything about compressors? Tank size?, CFM?, Good brand?.....ummmm, cheap?
Craftsmen aren’t bad for how often you will use it. I've had a 30-gallon Craftsman for five years and I've never had a problem with it. The bigger the better otherwise it is running all the time when you put an impact or air ratchet on it.

You want oil free motor, at least 30 a gallon capacity and 5 horsepower motor. If you have 220 in your garage it’s easy to rewire most single phase 110 motors so they run for ½” the price. A valve regulates CFM so you can set almost any compressor to match your tools specifications.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Rallychic said:
Well I don't live in Cal...but I did get some RS goodies!!

Installed them last night...here is a picture of the intake..just like it at least.

http://www.injen.com/webpages/intakes/intake_images/misc/rd1210p.jpg

Put in the morettes last night(I bought them)...looks really nice as a whole package. I will have to take some shots of it!!! :drool:

;)
That's Arthur's car he got the prototype injen intake and to my knowledge he still has it anyway I can tell you this I have the the same intake though I have no complains from it but the only thing that sucks is your low end...with this intake you loose all your low end and you are going to find out soon but I think it comes alive at High RPM's (still kind of iffi about that) but if you plan to get it then make sure you get an exhaust to go along with it trust me it's worth it...personally I hear that Sean's intake is really good for the older RS I have yet to try it but I hear good things about it
you might want to talk to Jason about the Ganzflow that one supposed to be good as well...

·
Registered
172 Posts
FRAKK's2.5 said:
That's Arthur's car he got the prototype injen intake and to my knowledge he still has it ...

yep.. that's my car! :)

as for xmas ... nothing for me .. just a pile of debt! :curse:

haha ... hope you guys did better

->arthur

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
jdmimpreza said:
Speaking of Sean's old car. The new guy Coiloverkid just got into a little accident with it last week. Can you say needs new Trail link suspension is broken.
Man that sucks. That is one hot ass RS. Is the kid okay?

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs-T
391 Posts
Tall J said:
Man that sucks. That is one hot ass RS. Is the kid okay?
Yeah he's cool just his pride got hurt aside from the car. He was doing a rain drift in the South Coast Plaza parking lot then I guess he hit an Island of some sort.

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quick WRX said:
Look in www.recycler.com

To run an impact wrench you will want 100PSI. The bigger the tank the better, or every time you try to bust a nut/bolt loose your pump will turn on and you have to wait for the tank to refill. (of course all pump motors being equal, larger tanks take longer to fill) It's suprising how fast an air wrench can deplete a tank full of air. The higher performance non-portable compressors usually run on 220/240 AC like an electric clothes dryer/electric water heater/electric range or oven. Some kick ass compressors run on 440 AC which you can't get residentially without a huge step-up transformer, which will probably cost more used and weigh more than the compressor...And with that, MY air is depleted! :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
jdmimpreza said:
Casey,

i want your big dick
Umm.....that's disgusting!

I promised Jason all my used parts. Except Frakk got the intercooler. If J doesn't want it, its all yours. How about we trade...... my stock fuel pump for some Volk TE37 rims?

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jdmimpreza said:
About the intake thing, I think you guys(and gals) should try some Nitrous.
I'm thinking about it, posted a new thread in the N/A forum to try and scrape up any info I can. I only want 30-40 shot. But I guess it is the same as boost, a little is too much and a ton isn't enough....Or is that crack?

·
Registered
2000 RS BRP
209 Posts
I made off with a subscription to the WRC magazine & a set of Sparco harness pads for the rally car. WOOO HOOO...no more sore shoulders!!! I am a happy woman! :D

Oh yeah, and a case of Mobil1 syn for my baby too. ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts