Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing the local chop yard, came across a few gems (not including a galant VR4, Celica all trac, and jdm maxima) but i found a 95 OBS in red, a few justys, and some leggys, and even a loyale, lol. But what caught my attention was a 94 SVX in the far back corner. I checked it out, yanked the hood open, there lays my new H6. For $180, with ALL accessories, A/C, alternator, PS pump, and lines, engine harness with ECU, all misc hoses and wires, fusebox, radiator (which i probably cant use) rad hoses, and a pile of bolts. Hehe, its not pretty, but will be rebuilt with some pretty trick stuff, i have lots in store for this bad boy. I paid off my lame-a$$ speeding ticket so i free to go and spend dough on my car. What ya think?

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
That engine compared with a 4.11FD transmission, light weight flywheel, and crank pulley will make a killer autocross machine.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe, i know. At some point i want to work on my chassis, i really want to look into chassis foam. The chassis/fab guy at my school says i works great, they used it in our schools miata race car. Dunno yet, i do want to run a street roll bar though. Possibly thinking of gutting the car, running floor mount pedals, get some seats...You know, the stuff we never have money for, lol.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
I think you should pull that oil pan plug and see how much water may be in there before you decide on buying it. The hood may not have been closed the entire time and the oil filler cap appears to be missing. Otherwise, nice deal

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually bought the oil cap, it was black and i liked it. And the hoods been off since last week when someone bought the battery and cruise actuator, theyve only had the car for less than a month.

Billy, my friend out here blew up his hawk-eye, hes buying my block and heads, i have the intercooler and turbo and all that, so the possibility of turboing this is good, but the only issue now is to figure out where to put stuff, this thing barely fits as is, lol. Ill let you know if i need anything, see you next saturday.

·
Wiring Guru
01 RS, 97 Ducati
357 Posts
The only issue I see here for you is that you are going to run into the same thing as people running JDM swaps, YOU WILL NOT PASS STATE INSPECTION, the car will NOT be OBDII compliant and therefore once again you'll be SOL.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont need to pass inspection, my buddy has a shop back in NY, im running an EMS stinger standalone, with some other really trick parts...

·
Wiring Guru
01 RS, 97 Ducati
357 Posts
Best of luck to you with this one. Talk to the guys up at XX Tuning, one of their employees or associates or guys they associate with has an RS with a SVX engine in it that is strictly used as a racecar. He has done a lot of development on it and it's a pretty sick car however it took him a long time and a lot of headaches to make it work. It's fast, but not as fast as you would expect.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hehe, im not telling....

j/k, pull a part, theres a bunch, a new one is opening soon and i was told its going to be close so...we'll see, i still have a few things to get for this.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have everthing, you see what i have soon enough, ill give you a hint, they all "off-road" parts... Its gonna be nice.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Complete block, heads, cams, timing belt, accessory belt, front cover, timing belt covers, spark plugs, spark plug boots, spark plug wires, coil, air filter, air filter box, airbox assembly, throttle body, throttle linkage, cruise control linkage, throttle and cruise cables, intake plenum, tgv thingys, injectors, fuel rail, fuel lines, injector harness, ignition harness, actally have the whole engine harness, i got the headers, got firewall harness (whats left), got the ecu (useless), got the ignition and key (if needed), got the motor mounts, got the nuts for those to, wanna see em? got the oil pan, oil pan gasket, oil filter, oil pump, water pump, alternator, air conditioning compressor, power steering pump, power steering reservior, some of the power steering lines, hmm, what else? oh yeh, i got the plastic cover for the manifold, got the starter, then for goodies- i have a wrx td04 turbo, intercooler, bov, working on some new pistons and rings, getting a full rebuild gasket set, new seals, new bearings. As for go fast stuff, im working on the special stuff for this.

Other than that, its just most of the stuff your mom gave me, so...

Anything else your highness?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts