Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94&93 vr4, 94 rx7, 98 2.5rs
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted to find a nice gauge for my suby that would match my sti cluster. I basically wanted an red led gauge that had brightness settings, did the full sweep, and had the blackout look. I didn't really care about anything else. Brightness settings were my biggest concern as bright lights really affect my eyes at night.

I tried a prosport boost gauge before but they bugged the hell out of me. I could hear the stepper motor, it was too bright at night and too dim during the day. Plus I hated the logo on the back. I looked at stri gauges. I would have honestly tried them but they didn't say anything about being dimmable and I didn't want to risk it. Same goes for the defi racer series. There was also maddad gauges but I read some bad reviews as far as accuracy, and they were also a little pricy. So the only option I thought I had was defi's. But I was not going to shell out $370 for a controller/gauge. Plus on their website they didn't have a 52mm psi boost gauge listed, they only had bar.

So I decided to give depo gauges a try just because I couldn't find a whole lot of info on them. They offer a few different styles but the ones I have are the color changng ones. They do offer a red/white series guage but that style isn't dimmable. I contacted them first to confirm. Seems like the color changing ones are the only dimmable ones.

I've had the gauge in the car for a few weeks and I'm very happy with it. The color matches my sti cluster perfectly, it does the full sweep, and is dimmable! You can actually adjust brightness between 8 different levels. You set 1 level for night, and 1 for day. So when your headlights go on it uses the night brightness, when they are off it uses the day brightness.

It also has a bunch of other features that I don't really use but may be important to some people. You can change the color, they have peak hold, you can turn the beep off etc.. The gauges daisychain to one another so you really only need to wire up 1 gauge and the sensors.

The only thing I don't care for about them is the looks of the 2 button sensor. I think it adds clutter to the gauge. I never plan to check peak hold though, so I just setup the gauge to how I wanted it and left the button panel tucked in my cluster bezel.

Here is the boost gauge mounted next to my innovate gauge. That's a stock compass back I modded. It reads 0 because I hadn't hooked up the boost sensor yet:)

Here is their website:

Depo Racing Gauges | Figure your power

And picture I found online. Shows the little 2 button sensor that you use to see/adjust peak hold, change gauge color, adjust brightness levels, turn beep/warning on. This picture doesn't really do it any justice, the gauge is a lot more clear in person.

·
Registered
01 Impreza 2.5RS, 95 Civic VX
3,756 Posts
I have the same brand gauges too in my Supercharged Civic. I alway liked full sweep gauge but wanted digital too. Just in luck Depo have what I was looking for.

This are not dimmable. Only 2 color red/white. It can also be wired up as day/night too. I wire mine to have an off/on switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts