Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2000 BRP Impreza 2.5 RS
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
depo corners = not so bad

EDIT: they fit okay.. i didn't install them right the first time.

it doesn't seem like anyone else had had problems with these but I ordered depo blacked headlights + clear corners and installed them tonight. the headlight assys fit fine (except one had a broken guide post, which is okay i guess but sucks that it came broken), but the corners don't fit at all on my car. on both sides the two guides in back that are supposed to hold them in place don't extend far enough to actually do anything so the corner is only held on by the phillips screw on top and the inside ball head screw. because of this the corner can actually swing forward and after hard driving it isn't in the correct place anymore.

i know aftermarket parts rarely fit perfect but this is just crap. i'll need to find some new ones, especially since one of my OEM corners is busted.

·
formerly subidub
'01 Aspen RS & 97 Toyo Tacoma
2,472 Posts
it took several trys to get the ones on the gf's car correct. play with them a bit, have someone push them in while you tighten them down.

·
Registered
2000 BRP Impreza 2.5 RS
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm pretty sure I installed them right.. not a whole lot you can screw up there.

·
Registered
95' L sedan, teh swapped
165 Posts
I had a set that fit crappy as well. I had a spare for the one side which wasn't fitting right, replaced it, and that solved the problem. I think it's just poor quality control.

·
Registered
01 RS
901 Posts
My set didnt fit either, however I did some paint work with my stock corners, popped the lenses off my stock corners and my depo's, and put the flat depo lenses on my stock corner assemblies. Fit like a glove.

·
Registered
MY00 GC6 BRP
2,152 Posts
so, anyone have any thoughts on the "gforce" brand ambers?

on ebay I see those and depo.
i bought those, they fit in the slot okay and everything, but the tab for the screw on top did not align with the hole in the chassis, so i had to drill a new hole for it to fit. also the weather stripping was falling off out of the box, but super glue fixed that.

·
Registered
2000 BRP Impreza 2.5 RS
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, I apologize... i'm an idiot. just needed to give them a good push and the rear pinch guide snapped into place. again, sorry for my newbieness. i'll try to edit the title of my now incorrect product review.

·
formerly subidub
'01 Aspen RS & 97 Toyo Tacoma
2,472 Posts
i'm pretty sure I installed them right.. not a whole lot you can screw up there.

Ok, I apologize... i'm an idiot. just needed to give them a good push and the rear pinch guide snapped into place. again, sorry for my newbieness. i'll try to edit the title of my now incorrect product review.
:stafiseiz

·
Registered
2000 BRP 2.5 RS Sedan
198 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but here's a tip.
I had the same problem as the OP, the driver's side stayed put and fit fine, but the passenger side kept on popping out, so the only thing that was holding it on was the screw that holds it to the headlight. There is a post that is supposed to extend into the fender, I put a screw into the post, made sure the head of the screw fit in the hole in the fender, and popped it back into place. It solved the problem completely.

·
Registered
V3 RA Brighton my96
200 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but here's a tip.
I had the same problem as the OP, the driver's side stayed put and fit fine, but the passenger side kept on popping out, so the only thing that was holding it on was the screw that holds it to the headlight. There is a post that is supposed to extend into the fender, I put a screw into the post, made sure the head of the screw fit in the hole in the fender, and popped it back into place. It solved the problem completely.
great tip, imma try this later.
I bought the same black depos and clear corners. The depos are amazing, but the damn clears keep popping out. After a few potholes they will be all crooked. This sounds like a good fix, thanks, dont know why I didnt think of it hah.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts