Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 WRX SWP, 01 RS White
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, heading out to the wonderful land of dirt sometime in the future, can't say when. But anyways, I am considering selling my 2001 2.5 RS 5spd w/ Leather interior w/ 80k Original miles. I think I will be buying a BRZ when I get back. I am still holding on the dreams of swapping in a EJ207 as my RS is paid off.

Any of you guys have a BRZ/FRS and never looked back?

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
Me personally, I'd keep the RS and just put it into storage. The military will pay for storage anyways. When you come back, you can buy everything you need for an EJ207 swap and probably buy a cheap other car to drive while you swap it.

Course it's really all up to you whether you want to sell it and get a BRZ instead.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
i vote keep the RS. buy the BRZ when you get back to DD and swap the RS at your leisure.

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
2 totally different kinds of cars - similar overall personalities though

As for the RS, a white, low mileage one is a commodity. Would make an awesome swapped candidate

·
Enthusiast
2001 SRP L
2,513 Posts
my brother has his bra which i drive here and there, i have my gc which i drive in to shows and track events, both of which, i like very much.

The BRZ has xm radio, heated seats, more modern to look at, crisp handling, the car is definitely an amazing daily driver.

The GC has a timeless look, you will regret selling such a low mileage one and you will be wanting another, which you probably won't find in that condition.

I'd say keep the GC, get the bra as a daily, swap it later down the road, you won't have regrets!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts