Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Impreza R.S (Turb0)
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a 99 R.S that went from 4EAT to 5M...problem is I have one "check engine" code and a high idle p1722. I understand that there is no difference between a manual ECU and an Automatic aside from the harness on a manual harness has a B135 pin 25 and it is grounded, thats how the ecu knows its manual. Since there is no B135 pin 25 on the automatic, I would have to repin it. How would I go about removing the pin it seems there is no clips holding it into place. I removed what I thought was the plastic retainer on the back of the harness which was orange, but the pin is pretty tight in there. I read some time ago on here that, You can't remove them anyway. The pins are molded into the socket. ANYONE has any clue???

Tell me all you can about P1722 CEL - NASIOC

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f72/t165898-depin-ecu-plug.html

Thanks in Advance,
Nick

·
Registered
331 Posts
Remove the colored piece on the back of the connector. Then you can yank the wire out of the back. But you really should use a pick to remove it properly (but without having 1 removed you wont know how to pick it). They are most certainly not molded into the connector as someone once mentioned. There's 3-4 automatic related ones you can remove and reuse. B135 16+17 and B134 31 are all automatic stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts