Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 2303 Posts

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Have you done any tuning at all on your cars? You said in the other thread that you had several cars running these, what model and year are they? Very curious, seems you have a lot of experience with them, and there are a lot of people around her asking questions about them. :)

·
Registered
1997 Subaru OBS
411 Posts
We can just forgo the fact that this may be a No0b question, but ive been all over Delta's website, and the forums here, and have been able to find VERY little about the services/products Delta offers to subaru/ Subaru cams

fill me in as to what they do with them and what it costs, also what sort of performance gains/setback one could expect?
would i send them my existing cams or do they supply them? tuning?
any info appreciated!
~Phil

·
I drive a Lancer now
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, Ap
2,664 Posts
You send in your existing cams.

Cams generally lead to great gains. Depends on the grind, obviously, but you can make great power with cams alone.

Tuning - not necessary. But it's a great idea. If you could get an ECU flash by a tuner, that'd be great. Tuning things like a piggback, etc would be fine too.

·
Registered
1997 Subaru OBS
411 Posts
For short money like that it sounds like a great mod.
If anyone comes on with them installed, would love to hear more!

·
I drive a Lancer now
2,664 Posts
Once I get my friend's spare cams to send in, I'll let you know...

It would be so much easier if you didn't have to mail yours in for regrind...

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
You can always buy an pair of used OEM's ~ they are dirt cheap at wrecking yards ~ old motor from swaps, etc. That way you are driving your car why the second set is getting ground... also allows you to return to stock if you so choose down the road. That's my plan...

·
I drive a Lancer now
2,664 Posts
Which is what I'm doing. A friend has an extra motor, so he's going to yank the cams out, I'll get the Delta grind, and then give him my stock cams.

·
I drive a Lancer now
2,664 Posts
Shouldn't, no. There's a guy on here and NASIOC with three cars that all have Delta cams. No CEL on any of them.

1 - 20 of 2303 Posts