Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,228 Posts
I don't quite have a build that aligns with what is offered...

Delta 1000 grind cams
1mm oversized valves
ported heads

Not sure where that puts me.

I'm on an I-Speed SRS-30 reflash currently, but am having lots of hesitation off the line/misfires as well.

I'm curious if you think one of your maps would be more suitable.

Thanks,

-- Dave

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Repainted STM
76 Posts
Got ECU back today and put in... It's not like day and night difference as a turbo car would be like. But it definitely feels much more smoother and low end pulls are much stronger. Also fixed my bogging and after fires. I'm loving it so far!!!! <3

Thanks Bill!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I don't quite have a build that aligns with what is offered...

Delta 1000 grind cams
1mm oversized valves
ported heads

Not sure where that puts me.

I'm on an I-Speed SRS-30 reflash currently, but am having lots of hesitation off the line/misfires as well.

I'm curious if you think one of your maps would be more suitable.

Thanks,

-- Dave
Dave,

I would suggest going with a Stage 2 tune. The Stage 3 map is too aggressive for those cams. The cams have a large impact on the air/fuel ratios across the power band and the cams are too mild for the Stage 3 mapping.

I can change the map for you to a Stage 2.

Cheers,
William

·
Registered
2001 RS Emerald Green Racekor
1,454 Posts
Just took the car for a run down the road with the Stage 5 reflash. Holy crap. I have not gotten to really feel this motor run right and your reflash is spot on. Car idles a lil over 900 and the car just sits there happy as can be. I just put the 4.44 sti trans in and with this tune and the trans car flies. Sooo happy man. Thanks a ton. Wish I lived closer so i could get some fine tuning but we will talk more later.

Josh

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,228 Posts
Dave,

I would suggest going with a Stage 2 tune. The Stage 3 map is too aggressive for those cams. The cams have a large impact on the air/fuel ratios across the power band and the cams are too mild for the Stage 3 mapping.

I can change the map for you to a Stage 2.

Cheers,
William
PM'd you.

Thanks,

-- Dave

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am way late on this. Good read so far.

Can you do this on a 1997 2.2ltr Subaru Impreza (Outback Sport/Autotranny)

Current mods:
Stage 2 Ludespeed Turbokit
Singe Port Borla Header
2.5" exhaust/2.5" Remus Muffler
Unorthodox Pulley
60 Shot of Nitrous (NOS-Nitrous Oxide Systems)

Also adjust fuel with AEM SAFC-NEO.

·
Registered
JEC Reflash Stg.3
20 Posts
Spoke with Bill today concerning my car's needs. He's been very busy and hasn't had time to wrap up the maps. In particular I'm looking at the Stage3 flash to update SRS-30 to accommodate Delta2000's and LWFW.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru STi Type R
149 Posts
Is this thread still on use? I have stage 2 clutch with light weight flywheel, dragger cat back, UEL headers and ingen intake. I want the stage 2 set up on my ECU. I can put the cams as soon as I can. I just want to know if u r still doing this reflash on 99 rs

Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
The Coupon Code did not seem to be working, but it is now, added a bit more to the discount and extended the coupon sale until January 1st 2017.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts