Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 153 Posts

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,230 Posts
Hey.. Uh.. I never got my registration approval email... only an email saying "Pending". :( I did register within the GroupBuy window... can I still has my SRS-10 upgrade? I really don't ever want to see a P0420 code ever again. Sure.. it can't have anything to do with my car not even having a Cat. ;)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Hey.. Uh.. I never got my registration approval email... only an email saying "Pending". :( I did register within the GroupBuy window... can I still has my SRS-10 upgrade? I really don't ever want to see a P0420 code ever again. Sure.. it can't have anything to do with my car not even having a Cat. ;)
Sent some messages to you bozo's. :)

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '17 FXT
3,599 Posts
Got my ECU 2 days ago, and only got to drive the car yesterday. Power is a lot smoother through the powerband. Thanks for offering this again Bill!

·
Registered
02MBP/07 2.5i SB&HEADS/DT:STG2
1,048 Posts
Pulling mine & mailing it tonight, picking up some wrapped borlas Sunday. Seems I cannot find 91 octane. 93 is around but not 91.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Can i got to the shop and have it tuned? And if so where is it at
Iam in socal
Hi, I could meet with you on a Saturday not a problem. I could then reflash the car at the shop if that makes things easier for you.

As for custom tuning, should not really be needed for most applications as the maps are tuned for most any configuration, unless you have something different.

Cheers,
William

·
Registered
looking for new one
491 Posts
Hi, I could meet with you on a Saturday not a problem. I could then reflash the car at the shop if that makes things easier for you.

As for custom tuning, should not really be needed for most applications as the maps are tuned for most any configuration, unless you have something different.

Cheers,
William
What city?

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,230 Posts
Am I crazy, or is throttle tip-in more responsive?
I cant' tell if it's a placebo effect or what.
But, waiting scoot across a fast-moving intersection, I was blipping the throttle to keep the RPMs up for a quick launch across. It somehow just felt like it was quicker to respond to those blips than before. Did you do anything that would improve that? Or am I nutz?

·
Registered
02MBP/07 2.5i SB&HEADS/DT:STG2
1,048 Posts
i am 4eat, w/ lwcp. but i would say i noticed similiar taking off from an intersection. with just normal driving, it seems to make that first rev up much quicker. probably my butt dyno being wishful.

this is very random, uncontrolled, and have nothing to compare it too..... but based on a google map measurement of a late night run I did before the knock sensor came back on last saturday. from a stop, I hit 85 in about 800-900ft. i don't drag, so not sure if this is good or not but throwing it in there. i am sure a hundred other factors are important. but this is what I have. flipped AVLS switch at 22-2500, pre loaded to 2000 rpm. definitely quicker that stock tune.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Am I crazy, or is throttle tip-in more responsive?
I cant' tell if it's a placebo effect or what.
But, waiting scoot across a fast-moving intersection, I was blipping the throttle to keep the RPMs up for a quick launch across. It somehow just felt like it was quicker to respond to those blips than before. Did you do anything that would improve that? Or am I nutz?
Well I did work on the entire map, not just the dyno pull section of the map. The areas of the map that respond to throttle input have been adjusted, specifically the ignition and fuel maps. Smoothing the maps out helps drastically with throttle response and even under load, it should feel better, since it not running so incredibly rich anymore.

Cheers,
William

81 - 100 of 153 Posts