Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester Hybrid STI build
6 Posts
This is fantastic!

I'll be sending you a picture of my ECU for my 2001 Forester S at some point tomorrow, just to make sure it's able to be reflashed.

I'm pretty sure I'll be needing the stage 2, but I'll list out what I've done and let you tell me what would be best:

-COBB/PRM cold air intake
-Group A throttle body spacer
-Grimmspeed phenolic manifold spacers
-Kartboy lightened crank pulley
-Borla UEL headers
-Stromung 2.5" midpipe & axleback
-Just about any mount and/or bushing upgrade in the drivetrain and motor

Delta 1500 grinds are in the plans down the road, so I wouldn't need another reflash after I do them, correct?

Also, with the code delete and everything, this would pass emissions testing with no problem, right?

Thanks!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
This is fantastic!

I'll be sending you a picture of my ECU for my 2001 Forester S at some point tomorrow, just to make sure it's able to be reflashed.

I'm pretty sure I'll be needing the stage 2, but I'll list out what I've done and let you tell me what would be best:

-COBB/PRM cold air intake
-Group A throttle body spacer
-Grimmspeed phenolic manifold spacers
-Kartboy lightened crank pulley
-Borla UEL headers
-Stromung 2.5" midpipe & axleback
-Just about any mount and/or bushing upgrade in the drivetrain and motor

Delta 1500 grinds are in the plans down the road, so I wouldn't need another reflash after I do them, correct?

Also, with the code delete and everything, this would pass emissions testing with no problem, right?

Thanks!
I am pretty positive it can be reflashed. So this should not be a problem. I assume you came over from the Forester Forum?

For passing emissions it is up to the smog station I have just worked on resolving some issues with the rear sensor codes everyone threw. ;) Also the missfire codes are being tested, but pretty sure those should be gone also, if that is a problem with the 1500 grind cams or lightened flywheels.

Cheers,
William

·
Registered
2001 Forester Hybrid STI build
6 Posts
I am pretty positive it can be reflashed. So this should not be a problem. I assume you came over from the Forester Forum?

For passing emissions it is up to the smog station I have just worked on resolving some issues with the rear sensor codes everyone threw. ;) Also the missfire codes are being tested, but pretty sure those should be gone also, if that is a problem with the 1500 grind cams or lightened flywheels.

Cheers,
William
Yeah. I had seen this thread on here originally when the group buy started, but I didn't think I had enough done at first for the reflash to be effective enough. The past 2 months have been busy though with mods, and I'm excited to see that you're extending the pricing out through February.

I'll be making the purchase sometime next week and should be shipping it off around tuesday or wednesday.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Hi All,

Sorry I have not been on much lately. I have been getting over a cold and I will be mailing out the first group of ECU's this weekend, from people I have received them from and for those who placed orders for cores.

Cheers,
William

·
Registered
99 black Impreza, 03 legacy DD
104 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
First I wanna say thanks for helping out the NA community! Secondly I might have one of those odd ball JEC ECU's. It's on a 99 2.2L MAF car. Here's the sticker on it. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/plastikboy/Dirty%20Impreza/IMG147_zps7c75f939.jpg
I have the misfire CEL thanks to my Delta 1000 Grinds and a LW flywheel that I'd love to have removed. Let me know if you can tinker with this ECU. Thanks.
Label looks good. Does it have three connectors on it? If it does there is a good chance I can reflash it. I can probably pick one up and try it out if you like. That way we have a core we can swap back and forth to dial the car in a little.

Let me know if that would work with you,
William

·
Registered
99 black Impreza, 03 legacy DD
104 Posts
yeah its a 3 plug if its reflashable that would be great. I just need to finish up a few things on the car but once that's done I'll touch base with you. Down time on it isn't an issue since its not a daily thanks!

61 - 80 of 153 Posts