Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We delayed buying the car so that I can think it over and maybe we can get a better deal. I've been staring at this picture of the GC8 impreza for a few days now and I'm starting to really like the design over the new design. I might just buy one of these instead of a new impreza.

A few questions I have are: can you buy it as a four door model? Because that's the kind of car I'm looking into getting. And does the middle seat in the back fold down since I'll probably be driving it to the mountains when I go snowboarding and want to be able to fit my snowboard in the car. What are the primary differences between the GC8s and the new imprezas? How does the interior size compare with the new ones as well as the trunk size? Are the interiors of the car pretty nice?

[EDIT] - There's this REALLY nice coupe for sale in the area, but it's for like 20k, it has about 21,000 miles. It's a 2001 and looks perfect. It's the color that I want and has all the options I want. How much do you guys think I can talk them down (it's a dealership)? And how much less room is in the back seats in the coupe? (I don't really care that much anymore but some room would be nice...)

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Nice to have an extra GC8 lover. 4 doors come only in MY00-01 (model year) and weighs only a tad heavier. The back seat is not a fold down, but is gonna need to do a little modifying; unbolt screws, take off 5lb seats, remove the backing, and then you're in the truck in no time. The interiors are good (although reviews say that a Dodge Neon has better :barf:) and there's enough legroom for 2 adults in the back seat. You wanna know the difference between the new age and the old skool? The old skool was the top of the line back in the good 'ol days, so we have a crazy differential, awesome looks, and other goodies I can't think of. See ya.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the price?

What about the price? I think they are asking a bit too much because the price is at like 19.9 and the new 2002 2.5 RS we looked at the other day was offered to us for 19.7. What is a reasonable price on this car, and what is the best price you think I'll be able to get?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a small snowboard (149) but can fit it in a waterproof bag in the back seat area. You could probably go a bit bigger and still fit it back there. No leakage with the waterproof bag. I have a coupe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts