Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All right here's the problem. Our minivan comes off lease in the next month or so. My wife has decided tat she loves my "02 2.5RS. I am going to buy an Impreza wagon. Do I:

1. Buy the WRX Wagon and not mess with it. :cool:

2. Buy a TS, save a bunch of money, and mess with it a bunch. I have parts that I could switch out if they fit (Pulleys, Catback, Sway bar). I would also have to buy some new wheels and tires and change the rear brakes to discs if it is not to difficult.:biggest:

3.) Buy an Outback Sport and mess with it eventually.:rolleyes:

What do you think?

·
Registered
34 Posts
what i would do is get the wrx wagon, those few mods that you have probably wont get you to the stock performance of a wrx.then when your ready to mod a turbo car some little changes make nice horsepower.i dont know what the price difference is between the wrx and other wagons your looking at but for the performance part of it id go with the wrx.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Who's going to drive the wagon, her or you? Are you sure? Are you REALLY certain about that?

I've got 3 wagons (2 are Suby's) a Legacy SUS and a van. we have four drivers, none is under 20. My wife won't drive my OBS, but the Legacy Outback Ltd is her. The kids will drive all of them, but they prefer either the OBS or the SUS, or the 71 Pontiac wagon with a 350 cube engine.

I'd almost say go with the less expensive one then start to play with one, as long as you're going to drive it. But 5doordrift is right, don't expect to get a WRX's performance unless you get a WRX.

Personally, WRX's don't appeal to me at all, I'd go with the TS and have some fun. INsurance may be less too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
0.2 worth

I bought a 02 T/S wagon. I love the car. Insurance is much cheaper than a WRX. (Even for a old dude like me with 3 other cars, a house and insurance for the wife and kids) I have done a bunch of modz. Mostly to add more power (CAI,GFB Pullys, complete Brullen) and tune the handeling a bit (strut bars, poly bushings, sway bar links) but lately I've added nice plastic on the outside to further distance myself from anyone elses ride. The rear disk mod is a breeze if you can find the parts (good luck took me 6 months in a vacume like Phoenix). I do HPDE and my car is even with 944 Porsches. Type R's will pass me before the brakeing zone on a reasonably long straightaway but I handle better (my observation). I do wish I had more power. But what a sleeper (oh yea, I removed the unsightly roof rack). The cargo area is a real plus. Unless I'm carrying passengers I keep the rear seats down as there is slight interferance in the rear view mirror. This ride is a KEEPER! Awesome value for the $$$.

·
Registered
169 Posts
There's got to be some places in southern california that have used (recycled) parts. With no speed limit now, it can't be more than a 4 hour drive or so to San Bernardino or Riverside where you should be able to get some parts you could use. Otherwise, advertise in the "wanted section" here and on the other site.

Ron

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the thoughts. My wife and I have talked it over and I think we are going with the WRX. I found a place that will order one('03) at invoice. The timing is perfect for the end of the lease on the minivan.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For a while it was me(almost 50), then BIKEMAN(just over 50) took the honors...and now you.

I think I am going to order a WRX wagon today. I just have to figure out which color to get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts