Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to do a complete audio overhaul in y '00 RS and looking for some ideas

Im looking for speakers that good on bass but good clarity and not looking to spend a lot of money

I'm looking to getting kicker brand component w/ tweeter in the front and coax in the rear deck

10' sub and amp to follow down the line

currently running stock speakers

·
Registered
2015 WRX+TE37ta
4,819 Posts
You request is pretty broad.

Budget?
Are you running your stock head unit?
Getting an amp for at least a pair of the speakers? If not, I wouldn't spend more than $50 for a pair since it won't really make a difference if powered by the deck.

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
You don't want your speakers playing the bass. That is what the sub is for. I got a kenwood 5 channel amp to run my speakers and my sub. Polk db651 front and rear and alpine type s 10". Sounds amazing!

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe
158 Posts
Ya best setup I think is decent after market speakers and tweeters on a multi channel amp that's what I use.. Then sub on another amp

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You request is pretty broad.

Budget?
Are you running your stock head unit?
Getting an amp for at least a pair of the speakers? If not, I wouldn't spend more than $50 for a pair since it won't really make a difference if powered by the deck.
about 300

still deciding which head unit to go with the kenwood excelon or alpine 143bt (or anything that top those and still a decent price)

I don't want a too powerful of a sound.
I was going to just do the speakers and if i wasn't satisfied then get a 5 channel amp with 10' sub,

I don't want to go too overboard. Anything besides those crappy stock speakers to me would do.

just need some insight and direction

1 - 5 of 5 Posts