Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the easiest way to go about removing pinstriping and the badging? Also, do you think removing the emblem will look alright even though the grill will still have that circular center piece?

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
get a badgeless grill, that'll look better. easiest way of debadging, ah, i heard of using floss.

jz

·
Registered
58 Posts
Are you trying to debadge the front or the back??? and NO do NOT use a heat gun, it gets to hot to fast and will cause paint to bubble, you are best off using just a Hair Dryer.

Yes Floss will work as well but you can also use a cut in half credit card, it's faster and leaves less "goop" at the end to remove.

-Good luck.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
does it bubble up just cause our paint is damn thin? i used it on my Z a while back, and it work like a charm.

·
Registered
58 Posts
well lets just say that the paint that we have on ours cars is not the best on the market.

Alot of members complain about the quality of their paint, but I haven't had any problems what so ever.

And no it's not cuz of the paint but the intense concentrated heat from the gun itself.

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
Subie Gal took off her pinstriping on her L rally car. If u search on the other club, she told a couple people how to do it in this one thread I remember...

If you take out the front emblem and just leave it like that it'll look ok...but kinda ghetto. y don't u get an 'i' emblem or something?

Also, use Goo gone to get rid of any extra goop left from debadging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts