Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
'99 OBS
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You obviously proved you like to drive fast when you pulled off an incredibly ballsy triple overtake in the face of an oncoming concrete truck, which forced you to slot in right behind me. And don't pretend you weren't trying to overtake me, too. Sorry there wasn't enough room on that last straight before 20 minutes of wonderful mountain road.

That power is cool and all, but it really helped on the rest of Skyline. Sorry that I was able to pull away from you in my pitiful Stock 2.2L 1999 Outback Sport.

Did that weird change in road direction scare you? Let me introduce you. That's called a corner. You have to drive with the steering wheel through these things, not with the gas pedal.

You seemed pretty pissed when the road straightened out on 86, and you burned past me again with your 300ish horsepower. Somewhat upset your $30,000 WRX couldn't kill everything on the road? I'm not. ;). Wanna go again this weekend? I just put better swaybars on my $4,000 Impreza.

·
Registered
99WhiteMock22B/10TeslaRoadster
6,659 Posts
I give a 7 for the rant. Could have used more insults to him and/or mother. ;)

·
Registered
'99 OBS
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm fairly new to this place so I'm not sure what the other site is, but I can guess it's NASIOC?

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,737 Posts
I-club would generate some responses for sure. I had a similar experience with a WRX hatch on Skyline.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
unless you have some serious handling action done to your car...i would imagine that mr/mrs wrx wasn't really trying. you would have had your butthole's o-ring taken from inside you and put in your hand.

·
Registered
'99 OBS
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
unless you have some serious handling action done to your car...i would imagine that mr/mrs wrx wasn't really trying. you would have had your butthole's o-ring taken from inside you and put in your hand.
I doubt he wasn't trying, I just don't think he either had much driving experience or was in general just too scared.

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Fun fact: There is a guy in a silver Cobalt that passes me almost everyday in a 25mph park zone with two lanes. He's clearly going 40+ mph and weaves to get around anyone he can.

I call him speedracer. Literally, I stare him down, jump up and down in my seat, and yell "Go speedracer, go!"

He probably thinks I'm a nutcase; I think it's hilarious.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza OBS
193 Posts
I call BS.
Naw, I do the same thing with my friend I'm his 09 wrx with forged internals, I live in canyon country and he can't keep up with me. Then we get to the freeway and he smashes me.... But that's irrelevant.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'99 OBS
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I call BS.
If you actually read through the thread, you would've seen that we agreed that a WRX could've smashed me, and did on straights, but either didn't know how to drive and was scared of a corner, or didn't want to risk trashing his $30k piece of kit.

It wasn't the car I was ranting about, but the driver.

·
Registered
'99 OBS
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^ Quit feeding our resident troll!
:run:
Though.. it's been a while... I'm betting he's pretty hungry!
:lol:
Duly noted

Just another sign of newbness :gaga:

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,395 Posts
If you actually read through the thread, you would've seen that we agreed that a WRX could've smashed me, and did on straights, but either didn't know how to drive and was scared of a corner, or didn't want to risk trashing his $30k piece of kit.

It wasn't the car I was ranting about, but the driver.
to be fair, there's a difference between someone not knowing how to drive a car and someone who doesn't. just because you can walk away from a car that clearly can perform better than yours, doesn't mean your car is a better performing car.

that being said, the fact that you can drive better on a road you are familiar with is a testament to your driving skills, and I applaud you for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts