Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000, Impreza, 2.5 RS, Aspen w
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:monkey: Hello all. Im going to attempt to take off my center console. I wanted to see if anyone can tell me where the clips are for it because i dont want to break anything. If there is some site that i can see it or if there is some online info that i can check out as well, that would be great. Thanks to all in advance.

·
Registered
2005 Acura NSX
1,056 Posts
Open your arm rest and you will see two tabs. Take a flat head screw driver and pop those off. There are going to be two philips screws that you take off which will release the plastic that your mirror controls are in. After you take the screws out just pop it out, unplug your mirror control and that's it. Then unscrew your shift knob and pop the shifter plastic up (there are no screws in these). Then you will see two philips screws right underneath your ash tray/lighter and another one near the middle where your mirror controls would be. Then look inside of your arm rest and you will find two more screws at the very bottom. Take those out and your center console is out.

If all you want to do is switch a stereo or something then don't bother taking off the center console. After you remove the shifter piece just grab the trim ring around the stereo and pull. It's just on clips. After that it's a few philips screws. All this should take you about 5 minutes max. It really is simple.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish that it was just to install a new stereo. My girl decided to spill soda all over the centerconsole and the dash including the middle vents. Ever since then the whole middle has been sticky and the heat now a days isnt helping. So im trying to get the pieces off to give them a good wash. Well what would i have to do if i wanted to take the section with the middle vents off as well? Also i wanted to know if there are any clips that i have to worry about when doing this disassembly. Thats the part that really worries me, not the screws. I dont want to break a clip and get a rattle from then on. Thanks for the info that you already gave though. It should help lots.

·
Registered
2005 Acura NSX
1,056 Posts
The center pop up storage tray is a pain in the ass to get off. The vents are attached to it. Open it up and you'll see two little covers you have to pop off with screws under them. I THINK you have to unscrew the cup holder as well but can't remember. After that it's just a lot of pulling. Unfortunately it really does feel like the whole thing is going to break.

I took all those pieces off in my car about 2 years ago so don't take my word on the storage pocket but the center console should be right.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool. Thanks for all the info. I just hope that i dont break anything in the process. Well here goes. Thanks again for the timely response and the great help.

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
After the first time you'll probably be able to take all the center console and radio section out in a matter of minutes, if not in like 1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts