Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short I changed the dash lighting to an SMD LED lighting strip Apparently a small short happened because of a nicked wire when going back in. So I'm not sure how much needs to be hooked up but only one side is lighting up but when I bring the gauge in and test where the connector plugs in (powers all lights) All of them light up fine but when in the car only the part where the speed and fuel gauge lights up and i can't control how bright the dash gets..

having said that I did not have the whole bezel hooked up (fog light, cruise,rear defroster) but I don't think that would make much of a difference?

·
yep. you heard me.
‘18 E63s AMG wagon & 10 Subarus
6,473 Posts
all that can really be said is, you probably broke something, a wire or whatever. too hard to say just based on what you said. you might have to buy a new cluster and start over, or a new led strip, who knows.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
polarity kicked my ass! lol took my power supply and I tested it again and sure enough I saw one side lit up..

And the funny thing is in that first shot I took in the house I did not know that was an AC output adapter lol

hopefully I should have good news when I come back inside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.