Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know a good site to pickup a carbon fiber dash kit? I tried veneerz.com and they haven't shipped the kit in over a month so i'm just going to cancel the order and go elsewhere. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
They are on ebay all the time.....

;)

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i have a real CF dash kit. if you are interested let me know. it's just sitting here, never been used. and btw, my kit is for manual, it'll still work if you have an auto. the only part that won't fit is the area around the shift gate. oh, and did i say i'm willing to sell it cheap?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much are we talking about? and do you have a pic of the kit? how many pieces are there? I may be interested.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i'll take pics of it when i can. i have the kit stored away at work.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
cf dash kits (oem) are on clearance for our cars right now...

still... it's $149... yikes....

ping me if you have questions on this.
not sure what the going rates are on these...

Jamie
www.subiegalracing.com

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
my kit is brand new. i don't even know why i bought it. i just saw it online and bought it :lol: and i just never set aside time to install it. damn, i forget to take pics of it. i try to take pics of it soon.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nevermind I picked one up at dashtrimplus.com Looks pretty good too. It had 18pieces and was pretty decently priced.

·
Premium Member
98 RS - RIP
563 Posts
How did the kit fit your car? Did the pieces fit contours at all? Post some pics... I am interested in seeing a good looking dash kit.

jonathan

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll try to get some pics up soon. Every piece fit good. The only piece I wasn't really thrilled about that could've been a little wider was the center heater vents. Now that I think of it I could've heated the pieces up a little more and stretched them....oh well. Everything else looks good though.
The kit had the following pieces:

Upper dash vent (driver)
Upper dash vent (pass)
Vent (driver)
Vent (pass)
Center Vent
Gauge surround
Radio
Left side of radio
Right side of radio
Center console
drivers side control
passenger side controls
cup holder
ash tray
rear ash tray
rear driver side door control
rear passenger side door control
Auto or Manual shifter surround

I think that was it here's at least one of the pics it was in my console switch mod thread. In the pic you can see the center console surround and part of the shifter surround.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
98 RS - RIP
563 Posts
scrubaru said:
I'll try to get some pics up soon. Every piece fit good. The only piece I wasn't really thrilled about that could've been a little wider was the center heater vents. Now that I think of it I could've heated the pieces up a little more and stretched them....oh well. Everything else looks good though.
The kit had the following pieces:
Hey scrubaru, I actually posted a response to your other thread about the center console switch. That thing is damn cool. Let me know where I can get one and any other details on the install, if there are any.

As for the dash kit, the picture that it shows on the website for the dashkit is the same picture that is used to describe many of the dashkits available in ebay auctions for a little less. I wonder if they are made by the same manufacturer..? I was wondering though, do you have a coupe or sedan? The kit seems to be made for a 4 door, and I am not sure if there are any differences in the door pieces, since I have a 2 door.

jonathan

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They actually shipped me pieces for a 2door and a 4door. I think the only difference was the door control pieces. I think on my credit card bill the company is called Alka Plus out of brooklyn NY. I'll put a pic up of the two pieces that I didn't use. I'm pretty sure they would fit your car. I'll get those pics on here tomorrow along with the information for that switch I installed. As far as that switch goes when you pop the piece out that is in there now you'll find a little nub in the corner that prevents the space from being a perfect rectangle. All you need to do is trim that so everything is square then just take a rasp and shave down the inside a little at a time. It might take a few times but it's better to take off a little instead of too much. Like I said mine was to the point where it just took a little bit of force to seat it and then I was done. I'll get that info up tomorrow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts