Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 356 Posts

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Did u take pics of both cars and the plates?
Well no I didn't but the police officer drove to where the red car was located at the time. So he looked at both cars.

I really should though. I just want our neighbors to fess up and pay instead of paying my deductible ($1k).

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
So I put in my strut bar and noticed that the nuts weren't all the way on. Do you guys think this is a big deal?

EWWW Look at my tophats...^

Haha!^

I got this at a yard for 20 bucks!

Too bad the other one was busted. That being said, does anyone want to sell me a left headlamp for cheap?!

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
So I am getting a weird intermittent vibration. At right before 60 mph my wheel starts shaking pretty hard and randomly goes away and comes back and so on. :help:

I press the brakes and it doesn't change at all. It did it when I had tons of snow in the wheels but there isn't any now. I wonder if the snow off balance caused my bearings to go?

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Well I am pretty sure it is the brakes. I want to put mine on but then I would need tires for the works to clear the 4 pots. Ughh. We just bought an AR-15 too so I don't want to spend anymore.

Plus I found out "my" wheels (wife's old wheels) are 7" wide and not 7.5 like I thought.
So I can't fit the 235s I have...

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I finally modded something! It's my father's in law, but I will be picking up my AR hopefully tomorrow:

SKS 7.62x39 with Tapco stock and magazine.

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
So I finally put my rear strut bar in! I can't believe the difference in this car. The other cars weren't bad, but this feels much better :)

WHO THE FUCK MADE THE REAR SEAT BELTS THE WAY THEY ARE??????!!!!!!

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
So my brakes have been getting very bad. I plan on putting in my 4 pots, but need to get tires for my wheels that clear them first.

The calipers stick which leads to the steering wheel to violently shake at speed when the rotors are heated up. It's almost like the rotors are super warped, but eventually I can cruise 70-80 smoothly. That is, until I have to stop for traffic again. The rattling starts over. My rotors are not warped though when it's cool out so...

WHAT THE FUCK???

·
Registered
1999 10th AE MX-5/ Scion Xb
1,063 Posts
what is wrong with the rear seat belts? did u have a tough time getting them unbolted to install your bar?

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
what is wrong with the rear seat belts? did u have a tough time getting them unbolted to install your bar?
No, every time I do a rear strut bar it is damn near impossible to get one of the seatbelt reel thingys back in place to start threading the bolt in. PITA! It was the passenger back setbelt.

61 - 80 of 356 Posts