Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
841 - 860 of 864 Posts

· Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·
Danny! There is a meet at the new ajw this weekend, you should come up! Sunday in Bow NH
Cool. It's on my calender. I wouldn't be able to drive the scoob up but I might show up with some friends. You going to the MassTuning garage meet this Saturday in Boston? I was thinking of heading over that way.

· Registered
Miatamiatamiata
5,471 Posts
He was using a giantic blower with a dyna pack. His reason was to generate real or to close driving like scenarios as he was tuning. Mentioning that a blower on a top mount was tricking the system so you can tune for more ponies. his theory kind of made sense, but he really put mine on the conservative side. Im planning to take it to a cobb facility later down the line once i get my car bar'd. Heres the video of the tune, let me know what you think:
Ideally you would want to emulate the actual air flow under speed, and would need to tune with the hood shut and a blower that sped up with the dyno.

· Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #848 ·
Voted for you of course. Are you going to WBM this year?
I was planning on going but the cars most likely not going to be ready for the 9th :(. Still working out a brake issue. The DBA 4000 rotors I got had excessive run-out. The company's being great about it and send me replacements though. Still gotta do that and get aligned. Almost there....

You going?

· Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #850 ·
New plates came in.....

Now I just gotta fix my brake/hub issue. Replacing the hubs this week to see if that fixes it. So frustrating having the car 95% done but still not roadworthy. :(

· Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #853 ·
I haven't been here in a while.....but I put a deposit on a E46 M3 the other day! Sold my TDI last month. I found an '01 2nd owner with 50K miles. No rust and it's just about perfect! Can't wait!

· 10 years in the game
'14 BRZ SWP ltd
1,498 Posts
I haven't been here in a while.....but I put a deposit on a E46 M3 the other day! Sold my TDI last month. I found an '01 2nd owner with 50K miles. No rust and it's just about perfect! Can't wait!
What color? Still one of my favorite cars. I assume you are aware of the subframe issues with those cars? If not do yourself a favor and just read up on them so you are familiar with potential issues. Congrats though sounds like a nice find.

· Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #856 ·
Just skimmed through the thread love the car! And now ur selling it!?!?! Noooo lol
Car's been sold for a little over a year now. Still miss it tho.

What color? Still one of my favorite cars. I assume you are aware of the subframe issues with those cars? If not do yourself a favor and just read up on them so you are familiar with potential issues. Congrats though sounds like a nice find.
It's carbon black. I'm aware of the subframe cracking issues and the vanos issues. Those seem to be the big ones. The one I found seems real clean but we'll see what BMW says after a pre-purchase inspection. It's real hard to find unmolested E46 M3's with low mileage under $25k. I was willing to fly anywhere in the country for the right car and this one just happened to be real close by.

· Registered
4 Posts
RSTi Update

Danny, I have a fantastic story for you. I know you sold the car a long time ago, and seeing as I found this thread of your original build I wanted to update you. I was the last known owner of this fantastic car. Unfortunately, I sold it two years ago. I regret that decision ever since. You turned this into a proper car my friend, I enjoyed every second of it. I bought it off a gentleman in Vermont, and drove it all the way back up to Maine. I'm currently looking for the person I sold it to, to see if I can purchase it back and keep the dream alive. Attached is the last photo I have of the car, and yes I did put the big scoop on it (I was younger back then). I will update you and everyone else if I do end up locating it. Thank you for all your time and effort you put into this wonderful vehicle, it did not go unappreciated.

-Ryan

Attachments

· Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
3,295 Posts
Danny, I have a fantastic story for you. I know you sold the car a long time ago, and seeing as I found this thread of your original build I wanted to update you. I was the last known owner of this fantastic car. Unfortunately, I sold it two years ago. I regret that decision ever since. You turned this into a proper car my friend, I enjoyed every second of it. I bought it off a gentleman in Vermont, and drove it all the way back up to Maine. I'm currently looking for the person I sold it to, to see if I can purchase it back and keep the dream alive. Attached is the last photo I have of the car, and yes I did put the big scoop on it (I was younger back then). I will update you and everyone else if I do end up locating it. Thank you for all your time and effort you put into this wonderful vehicle, it did not go unappreciated.

-Ryan

I love stuff like this.

841 - 860 of 864 Posts