Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
00'RS w/EJ20 swap, 13'Volt, 06' Frontier
1,182 Posts
best of luck man...

i look at your thread/car as inspiration to mine.

however, i bought my car pre-modded/swapped. i've had some headaches of my own, but they pale in comparison to yours.

· Registered
1,182 Posts
After putting my new harness a couple months ago i went something like 600 miles without the readiness tests completing.

i-wire told me to drive exactly 55mph for as long as i could and it worked. i drove something like 8-9 miles.

i later had to disconnect the battery and wanted to see how little was needed. i think i did it in less than 2 miles on that attempt.

· Registered
1,182 Posts
Damn. Driving 55mph made the ECU pop a P0442. I was fighting this code on the 2.0 block before. I put a new gas cap and replaced the fuel pump housing gasket before the 2.5 block. I thought the gasket had fixed it but I guess it didn't. This code is a pain in the ass to diagnose and it seems to be the only thing holding me back from inspection. There's a small evap system leak somewhere and I need to find it.
well at least we know the 55mph thing works. :(

at least it pointed u in the direction of the issue.

good luck!

· Registered
1,182 Posts
I'm almost positive that all monitors need to be set as well as all CELs out. You can't just delete the code and go in for inspection.

Anyway, I've made an appointment at the stealership to have it checked out on Thursday. grrr. I don't even know if they'll touch a frankestein car like this.
just tell them to treat it as a wrx, or maybe u should call and ask before u get boned on a diagnostics fee for putting the car on the lift and doing nothing

· Registered
1,182 Posts
oh you're getting a more grown up car? yeah im all for that.

my daily to my RS is a G35. sure it isnt a status symbol, but it sure is more grown up than a swapped RS. it puts a big smile on my face every time i drive it.

· Registered
1,182 Posts
wow. thats just rad. you know that your car and my car are twins right? well in the sense that i want to do pretty much everything you've already done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts